Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Maybe there'll be DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I really want to like Haven. Fingers crossed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Their previous game, Coloring Pixels, gets my laptop all heated up every once in a while. It's also extremely slow to load and to exit. I think they're just not great at optimization.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

Some of the creatures in this game have vaguely sexual themes. There are a few bare pixelated breasts, and an enemy resembling male genitalia.

:hmmno:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Breathedge just came out of early access:

quote:

Survive in outer space! Together with your immortal chicken, discover the truth behind your sudden spaceship crash. Craft tools, pilot vehicles, and even control space stations to survive and explore the wreckage.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The new Aery game is the fourth in a series, and it looks remarkably similar to the previous releases. If you like one, you'll probably like them all.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That's actually tagged Souls-Like on Steam. Is that just gamers being dumb or is there something I'm not seeing?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's probably very hard to play a game like that while you're having a stroke.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I always love to see my old homework showing up in game form.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Gravia

quote:

Gravia is a gravity-themed action/puzzle game where you create small "black holes" called Rifts. You'll use this power to destroy obstacles, solve puzzles, move yourself at high speeds, and hopefully not destroy yourself in the process.
Early access but worth keeping an eye on.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark

quote:

Delouse your room with sage and pack up your travel-sized ouija board, it’s time to re-enter Twin Lakes - America’s 34th most haunted city. Join Detective McQueen as he puzzles his way through 6 chilling cases, risking life and pixelated limb to solve the macabre mysteries that plague the poor town.
The first game was extremely good and I have high hopes for the sequel.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Smelter looks like a modern take on ActRaiser and it's getting pretty good reviews so far.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Carebotz

quote:

What Happens When Classic Asteroids® Meets Metroidvania®? Carebotz is a single-player game featuring Bibz, a maintenance droid and protagonist on a mission to save a derelict factory from destruction. To accomplish this, you must advance carefully as danger lurks everywhere!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Vampires Dawn 3 - The Crimson Realm

quote:

Vampires Dawn 3 is a 2D retro pixel RPG full of vampires, blood and tragic moments! Follow Asgar Serrans bloody path through a world in which humankind only has the sacred crusade to prevent extinction.
The first two Vampires Dawn games were big hits in Germany, and they've been LPed on these forums (one, two). This one's getting an English translation.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Scroll down a bit and they have a blurb mentioning it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Back in the NES days you couldn't make games long with more content (except for RPGs), so the best way to increase the playtime of what you had was to increase the difficulty.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

DreadUnknown posted:

I cant remember if it was Ghosts & Goblins or Ghouls & Ghosts that made you beat the game twice to see the real ending, but yeah theyre legendary for the brutal hardness.

Both of them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Play posted:

I don't have a mic on my pc which is a shame because I'd like to play this.

There are cheap USB mics that'll probably work well enough.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Secret Agent HD is a remaster of a game from 1991 that's well worth checking out. It's a puzzle platformer with 64 fairly short levels split across four episodes. I remembered the first episode fondly from playing it as a kid, and everything else is just as good. Plan on spending about 5 hours on this one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Crystal Caves HD

I have good news for you.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Beard Blade

quote:

Run and jump through tropical 16-bit locales as you fend off foes with the power of Branson's shapeshifting beard. Visit the barber to toughen your scruff with new abilities and confront the thieving Smuglins.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256821225/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1626633231
It sounds like there's still some work to do getting the game to run smoothly at higher resolutions, but that's the only negative the reviews mention.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Unbound: Worlds Apart

quote:

Summon portals to overcome vicious beasts, devious puzzles and fiendish platforming challenges. Master the unique powers of each portal to stop the collapse of reality, while exploring lush, hand-drawn worlds and unraveling a deep narrative full of mysteries.
I played through the demo of this a while back and thought it was pretty good. I'll probably pick it up at some point when I'm not focused on reducing my backlog.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The collection of all things that are not for cranking.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Greak: Memories of Azur

quote:

Greak: Memories of Azur is a beautiful single-player adventure with hand-drawn animations. You will take the role of three siblings: Greak, Adara and Raydel to guide them through the lands of Azur. Alternate control between them and use their unique abilities to escape from the Urlag invasion.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256847176/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

They've got a demo. I'm going to try it out later today and will report back with impressions.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

They've got a demo. I'm going to try it out later today and will report back with impressions.

Played the demo for a half hour or so and bought the game. This one looks good.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Serin Fate

quote:

Evil is afoot... Wielding your new Magic, bound into mysterious Monster-infested lands to uncover ancient relics and restore the Fate Stone. Along the way, explore the depths of every nook to find creatures, garner ingredients, train in Witchery, and craft new equipment.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256847496/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Somfin posted:

Followup: It's good, it's a true sequel to the original, it's fun, it's well voice-acted, and it's gorgeous

Any serious bugs?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

FIND ALL.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Townscaper is out of early access. It's not a game in the sense that there are objectives, but it is a thing you can screw around with.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256837675/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1623063158

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Fallow

quote:

Isabelline Fallow lived with her sisters in an isolated corner of a world that had begun to forget itself. Soon, it forgot her sisters as well. Now Isabelline walks in her sleep, every morning a new road home, every morning that home a little different than she remembers it. In her dreams, a shadow twists in agony through the smoke-steeped orange sky.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256843641/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Lamentum

quote:

Lamentum is a pixel art survival horror game, set in New England in the mid-nineteenth century.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256837681/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

KeyWe

quote:

KeyWe is a cute, co-operative postal puzzler starring Jeff and Debra, two small kiwi birds working in a whimsical post office. They must jump, flap, peck and butt-slam their way across an interactive landscape of levers, bells and buttons to get those messages delivered on time!
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256822677/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Cloud Gardens

quote:

A chill game about using plants to overgrow abandoned wasteland dioramas
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256828508/movie480_vp9.webm

This one's been out in EA for a while but it just now got its official release. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Cookie Clicker is on Steam now, if for some reason that's a thing you want.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

T-Minus 30

quote:

Plan a city and build a space fleet to escape a dying Earth before time runs out. You have 30 minutes to scavenge a post-apocalyptic environment to build infrastructure, grow crops, generate power, and assemble rockets to save as many people as you can.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256848616/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Lost in Random was written by Ryan North if that helps your decision.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Venaitura

quote:

A retro-styled RPG wherein you assemble a party of 4 Heroes from 12 unique Classes and embark on a journey to rid the world of Tsufana from the titular tower's corruption.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256841216/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The original Aragami was all about stealth. If an enemy spotted you, you might be able to run away, but trying to fight them was pretty much guaranteed to be a losing proposition. That made it kinda niche and frustrating for everyone else, so they tried to bring in more combat in the sequel. I'm not surprised that they missed a little bit, but I'm also not sure what else they could've done to not just make the sequel more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I played the prologue a while back and was impressed enough to wishlist the game.