Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Trombone Champ

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256795124/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1598619931

quote:

Trombone Champ is the world's first trombone-based rhythm music game. Unlike most music games, you can freely play any note at any time. You're not just following along with the music, you're actually playing the music!

• Toot your way through over 20 tracks. The better you play, the more toots you earn!
  • Collect all 50 Tromboner Cards!
  • Baboons on nearly every screen!
  • Improvise and play whatever you want in Freeplay Mode!
  • Uncover the secrets of the Trombiverse and become the True Trombone Champ!
  • Absolutely zero microtransactions!
  • Playable with mouse and keyboard (recommended) or USB controllers (coming after launch)!
  • Appropriate for all ages!

Goofy rhythm game, pretty sure this one is goon-made? $15, 100% positive with 17 reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Once Upon a Jester

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256915569/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1668047913

quote:

Best friends Sok & Jester devise a mischievous scheme to steal the Royal Diamond!
To complete their master plan, they must start an improv theatre show and outperform every other act - including their rivals, Hofnar & Bok. Only becoming the best show in the kingdom will get them invited to the Royal Theatrical Spectacle in the Royal Palace, where the king keeps his precious gem.

They embark on a grand adventure across a fantasy kingdom, meeting tons of wacky characters, performing improvised shows and singing their hearts out. Along the way, they unintentionally discover the freedom and joy of musical theatre. Will the pair change their wicked ways or do whatever it takes to get rich?

Played the demo for this game during a Next Fest and found it charmingly goofy. 100% positive with 14 reviews.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Master of Magic

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256920268/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1670948520

quote:

Master of Magic is a combination of an RPG and a strategy game, a remake of a classic from the 90s.

In Master of Magic you take up the role of one of 14 unique and diverse great wizards who compete with each other to dominate the worlds of Arcanus and Myrror.
Choose from different schools of magic and fantasy races to command, then lead your minions and expand your influence and power across the land.

Recruit and command mighty armies of elves, dragons, dwarves, orcs and many more. Support them with powerful spells. Fight tactical turn-based battles and affect the outcome with your magic.

Research new spells, engage in alchemy, perform rituals and use your arcane powers to change the world around you.
Always beware of the machinations of your rival wizards, who seek to reach your same goals. But in the end, remember: there can be only one Master of Magic.

Features:
  • 14 unique playable powerful wizards
  • 5 schools of magic and 18 traits to customize your wizard
  • Over 60 special abilities
  • Over 200 spells to research
  • 14 fantasy races to command, including elves, dwarves, trolls, draconians, orcs, klackons, gnolls and many more
  • 196 unique unit types
  • Over 250 unique magical items, as well as custom crafting
  • Two parallel dimensional planes, Arcanus and Myrror

I remember playing this game as a kid in the 90s and having a great time with it, so it's cool to see a remake. $39.99, 78% positive out of 19 reviews.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Tyrion Cuthbert: Attorney of the Arcane

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256943848/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1683235957

quote:

Tyrion Cuthbert: Attorney of the Arcane is a visual novel inspired by the Ace Attorney series. You play as a defense attorney who practices law in a world of fantasy and wizards. You must defend clients accused of various crimes committed using magic and use the rules of magic to prove them innocent. However, the system is corrupt to its core and manipulated by the aristocracy. Will you acquit your innocent clients in light of that? Or will you fall before a corrupt judicial system?

100% positive with 11 reviews.

I've just played through the first case, and it feels pretty solid to me as an Ace Attorney-like. The characters are fun, the art is nice, the soundtrack is jazzy and packs a punch when it needs to. The script could use some proofreading, though, there have been some typos/missing words/grammar issues in parts but nothing that hurts the readability. I'm having a good time!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

External Organs posted:

Dtd needs to come to switch :colbert:

this feeling about games is what led me to pick up a steam deck, not gonna lie

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

The games do not appear as a bundle for me, just as individuals or the subscription. Is there a regional variation?

the Command and Conquer games specifically seem to be only available as a huge bundle of all of them, the rest of the stuff is all individual titles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

There's a lot there. IIRC there's 25 classes, five for each position. There are a few dozen charms, accessories and other equipment. I will admit to only playing the free mobile version, so there's probably a lot more I never saw.

these numbers are way larger now. there are technically infinite heroes now if you play in the procgen modes :v: