Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Id like to try v rising on a PvE server but no idea where to find a good one for EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Play posted:

Pentiment looks seriously amazing! Can't wait to check that out.

Most new games were already posted but I've got a couple more:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1336180/Floodland/

No reviews yet but looks like a new kind of citybuilder that I could actually get into. Honestly surprised a game such as this wasn't made previously.

Mixed reviews now, seems to be mainly technical issues (crashes, long save times, bad performance). Looks interesting but bad execution overall.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
A developer called "Hastily Assembled Games" doesn't fill me with confidence tbh.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

hyphz posted:

Storyteller finally graduated from being a 10 year old HTML game. It’s original, fun, and funny. And you can finish it in 90 minutes and it has no replay value.

What did they do in all those years? I've seen people complete the game in one hour.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

haldolium posted:

Homeseek came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9YYuObIvpY

no reviews yet, I played a few minutes and it makes a good first impression.

I watched some people play it and the balance is completely rear end. You have to metagame in the very first level and ignore everything the tutorial says cause you will end up in a death spiral otherwise. Seems very overtuned atm.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Life-Sim/Building game My time at Sandrock finally hit 1.0 on November 2nd and is now officially released. You join the town of Sandrock as a new builder. The town itself is down on its luck and in a bad shape, but who knows, maybe you can help make things better?

The sequel to My time at Portia from the same dev, this is a huge game jam packed with content and a cast of fun characters to meet and get to know better. If you enjoy Stardew Valley / Rune Factory / Story of Seasons, get this!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

haldolium posted:

Coral Island came out of EA:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158160/Coral_Island/

Very Positive (91% of 7,083) ALL TIME

I tried it for a bit, not feeling it and I love this genre overall. Animations are stiff/janky, the camera is in a fixed position with fully 3d environment, it has no option to adjust text speed (and no voice acting at all), and worst of all, the movement speed is too low for how big/spread out the town is.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

cant cook creole bream posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812370/Little_Goody_Two_Shoes/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256977114/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1698746243

Apparently this is a slice of life RPG in the style of a 90s anime which devolves into horror. Looks quite gorgeous.
41 Positive reviews, one negative. According to google translate, that one just complains that the game isn't available in Chinese right now.

If anyone is checking that one out, I would love to hear about it.

Just wanted to leave a trip report about this, it owns. Will take about 10-ish hours to finish, there is some replay value.
It's like a long lost playstation 2 or PSP game aesthetic wise with an amazing soundtrack. Story and characters are great as well, and it's pretty disturbing. Also hella gay, so the lesbian horror game enjoyers keep on winning. Absolute steal for 20$.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Thoom posted:

Just picked this up and it's rad so far, especially the surprise musical number when Elise finds the shoes. How worried do I need to be about going absolutely everywhere and talking to absolutely everyone each time step? That's the kind of thing the older games it's emulating love to punish you for not doing -- didn't trigger an event with Villager C in the far corner of the map at exactly noon on Day 3? Guess you're locked out of the good ending!

There usually is one unmarked quest per day which rewards a food item if you seek it out. It's always a villager asking for some help like talking to someone. Other than that go wild. You won't get everything in one Guide nor can you get all dates with everyone. I just focused on two people. Otherwise you're good to go

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I really liked my initial 7 hour run of this game, fun gameplay loop and it's more chill than most of this genre. Unfortunately that one run seems to mostly be all it's good for, as the alternate starting locations barely change anything and you pretty much just build all the same stuff in more or less the same order, there's almost no variation between runs. Check it out if you already have gamepass, and they seem to intend to add more to it post-release, but there's not a lot to it right now for a $30 game.

Pretty much what every review of the game states as its main downside. Seems like a "good for sale" game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

SimonChris posted:

I would like to check out Pacific Drive, but I hear that it has a lovely checkpoint save system where it sometimes takes more than an hour before you can save. I like to play video games in twenty minute chunks or so, so this is a potential dealbreaker for me. How bad is it?

There's an autosave at the start of a map that's it. At home you can save and quit at anytime

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

It's at mixed now, I only saw "combines darkest dungeon with slay the spire" on the store page and backed out immediately.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Vouching for Minishoot Adventures. Finished in about 8 hours, just about right before it outstayed its welcome, did 100% of the map and all.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I wanted legally distinct creeper world. Instead it's they are billions

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I tried looking at this but there is zero info on youtube. The reviews dont paint a super positive light though. Camera issues, unexplained mechanics etc.
I'd need to actually see someone play this to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nordic ashes loves to spawn hurt zones on the floor from Miniboss enemies and has a huge visibility problem even with slider settings adjusting effect visibilities so you will get hurt a lot no matter what. It's an average kinda VS clone. Good for a few hours.