Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

so bug fables has been out on consoles for a few weeks and holy poo poo is it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

This game is super good, its worth mentioning its made by Level 5 (dark cloud/professor layton) and I've sadly seen almost no one talk about it. The combat is fun and arcadey, there's all sorts of loot, and customizing your mech is fun. It also has a surprisingly in depth story and rpg elements like an explorable city full of npcs, and a crapload of fully animated cutscenes.

I'm liking it a lot so far and it seems to have had almost no marketing push for it.

https://twitter.com/DominicTarason/status/1783314332748546454

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 27, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Iirc front mission 2 has never had a NA release right?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Play posted:

Played this for quite a bit yesterday, and it's a very, very strange formula. I like so much of what they did but I can't look past one thing.

This game is EASY. Like, insanely easy. I played for a long time hoping it would get harder, and it didn't. It's simply one of the easiest games I've ever played in my life.

But in addition to that, it has some of the most expansive and complicated systems I've ever seen. Which makes it seem like it isn't, in fact, for children. So I don't really know who it's for, even if the VN elements, story, and mech customization are decent to good.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Let me just reassure you that it does get hard, it just takes a really long while. I'd say until practically the end of the first major arc/first game's content. There's just an overwhelmingly ridiculous amount of content so the easy tutorializing part is way the gently caress too long.

Yea I've seen some late game video and it definitely looks like poo poo ramps up in the late game. Which is nice cuz as you mentioned there's an absolute fuckton of systems and customization options available to tinker with.

I'm really enjoying the game too, the mix of VN and fast paced brawler combat combined with mech tinkering is definitely unique. I dig that you can just take a break from the VN elements at any time and hop into some fast paced action.

It's a weird but good game that deserved to have some sort of marketing budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnD9Ga-U3vc

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Kinda ballsy to name your new jrpg Chrono ______, I was real excited for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm pumped to play front mission 2 after all these years and the port seems good so far but it has some misspellings/typos that are kinda jarring. Like "career" is spelled "carrer" in the loving network menu, so that's one you'll see often, and I've noticed several other spelling errors in my first ~45 mins of playing...which on its own is not a huge issue but makes me concerned for which other aspects of the game may be a bit sloppy.