Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2194530/YogSothoths_Yard/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256928972/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1675658694

87% positive out of over 400. Seems kind of interesting... maybe. It's Chinese I believe and apparently the translation is not perfect.

Was actually about to bring this up, as I picked it up on a whim yesterday and have certainly had a fair bit of fun with it so far (currently just entering the 4th month). It's not perfect, and as you mentioned there are errors in the translation (though not that many - it's an okay translation all things considered), but it's also less than $10. I've certainly gotten my money's worth already, and I'm only like 1/3 to 1/4 (judging by their time estimation of a successful first run) through my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Glancing through the Steam thread, it's an ugly mixture of waifu culture combined with purity culture (see also: how RL people like idols are treated in regards to this kind of stuff), because said character is one of those "pure, ideal wife" personality types. With a hefty helping of shitposters/trolls wandering into the conversation too.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JackBandit posted:

What are the 6 cities? Couldn’t find it listed in the steam text

Crofton, USA
Dijon, France
Cambridge, UK
Templin, Germany
Jinhua, China
Taizhou, China

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

I'm liking it a lot so far and it seems to have had almost no marketing push for it.

I wouldn't even say almost, I'd say literally zero marketing. Likely not helped due to Level 5 closing their NA branch back in 2020, but even taking that into account it's kind of insane they just dropped a major release - one that'd be potentially able to sell well at that, we're not talking pushed out the door to die - completely out of nowhere and say nothing.