Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I hadn't heard of it before but looking at the store page, Slice & Dice is made by a goon, or at least a former goon

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I lived the entirety of my life to date without reading that post and I'll be honest, I preferred living in ignorance

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

mystes posted:

why do i want this, what is wrong with me

seriously this type of desktop toy things is pretty nostalgic though

I honestly kind of miss them, I loved these kinds of programs as a kid even though they're objectively not a game in most senses of the word. I remember as a kid I had some "game" where you collected eggs and they hatched into pets that were more or less very low-maintenance Tamagotchi-style things, I can't remember what it was called for the life of me. I do remember it was one of the first programs I encountered where you could get different eggs from various places online, so I was always on the lookout for unusual ones.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Have you looked at little horror game Kinito Pet? It's pretty clever in some of the ways it riffs on those desktop pets.

anyway I'm going to buy the desktop duck

I have not! It looks interesting, added this one to the wishlist. Thanks!