Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Terra Nil is kinda tedious with the whole "managing your square footage" schtick when it comes to plopping down structures to maximize the resource output.

I'd probably jump on it in a heartbeat if it had a sandbox mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I absolutely loved the card game so that's an easy purchase from me once I'm done being poor.

Really, give it a whirl some time.
Top notch atmosphere, creepy lore, music, fairly interesting card mechanics, bunch of classes, and a whole lot of things in general to unlock.

My only really mark against it is that the over world between battles is kinda janky and annoying to navigate by default but thankfully you can adjust it however to the point that it's not so bad.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yoooo, a new Star Trek point and click? What year is it?!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aliens: Dark Descent Steam Description posted:

Face off in a gripping original Alien story against iconic Xenomorph creatures ranging from Facehuggers to Praetorians, Alien Queens and many more, including rogue human commandos and a brand-new threat unique to this Alien storyline

:sigh:

When the gently caress are they going to stop putting human enemies in Aliens games? I don't want to be shot at when I'm playing an Aliens game!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CzarChasm posted:

Looking at the trailer, I know I hate the restaurant sim style games (Customer has a balloon over their head, timer starts, make their order before they get mad). How much of that is part of the gameplay of DTD?

It's not too terrible and I hate those sorts of games, it's pretty forgiving in the 3 hours that I just played.

I'm absolutely loving this game, what a surprise hit for myself, fairly chill just shooting fish with harpoon shotguns and then making sushi out of them. I can't wait to see how it escalates.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

>Designed and developed by the creator of the original, Paul Cuisset.

drat did he get dementia or something? Seems like he missed what the entire appeal of the original game was, that janky rotoscoped Prince of Persia platforming!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pipski posted:

I picked this up hoping it would do for TR2 (which I loved, was the first game I played on the PS1) what the anniversary edition of TR1 did for the original.

It doesn't.

I could put up with the shonky graphics (oh, which are wayyy too dark unless you switch to the o.g. graphics, with no way I've found to adjust the gamma), but it seems that - if you're planning to use a controller - some of the standard moves don't work at all if you set it to the 'modern' control scheme. The action button, needed for ledge grabs, climbing out of water, flipping switches etc. just doesn't work at all, and you can't tap back to do the little hop backwards in order to drop down and hang off a ledge either, so it seems to be effectively unplayable unless you go mouse + keyboard or use the original tank controls. (This is with a PS5 controller and the recommended Steam control scheme. idk if you could finagle some working settings by reconfiguring the setup in Steam, and I certainly can't be arsed to try, so I just refunded it.)

I just can't imagine anyone would seriously want to put up with the OG Tomb Raiders in TYOOL 2024, I remember absolutely hating the controls back when it came out on the PS1 too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Didn't the games kind of operate on a grid based movement system when it came to anything that wasn't running/walking around?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

goatface posted:

The demo appears to have disappeared. Seems like an odd choice.

Takes away sales from the full game if people just play the demo forever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

goatface posted:

That's why you limit a demo to only part of the game.

What if that part of the game still gets you like 100 hours of gameplay

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Why does it matter how many servers it had up? Can't players host their own?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I want to gently caress an M1 Garand until it makes that ping sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Trappist looks kind of fantastic, I hope it's as chill as that trailer makes it seem!