Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Disco Elysium - October 15 - an open-world RPG that looks loving incredible

Never heard of this, but now I can't wait for it, and I don't have to because it's out today! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

There's also Necromunda, Star Renegades and As Far As The Eye right around the corner. The first two on the 8th, and the last on the 10th.

Necromunda is another Warhammer tabletop adaption. It's over-the-shoulder, tactical, and probably turn-based, squad combat with a lot of squad customization. It's made by the people who did Mordheim, and it seems to be the same formula and gameplay. Though this time it's 40K and gangwars with chainswords. Mordheim was... not great, but if they can make the combat less weird in this one, then it could be fun.

Star Renegades is a turn-based RPG from the people who did Halcyon 6, which was a big space sim RPG I could never get into. It looks gorgeous and seems to be about fighting mechs.

As Far As The Eye is a strange one. They call it a roguelike city builder with no combat. I don't know what that means, and haven't tried the demo. It might be fun. It certainly sounds unique.

These three are on my radar. I only found out about Star Renegades today, but after watching the gameplay trailer I'm really looking forward to it. Supposedly it comes out on Game Pass at some point today. I still have that, so I'll try it there. Necromunda looks good but I heard it's very dense and slow. It might be like Warhammer Underworlds, where it's only playable if you're super familiar with the tabletop version, which I'm not. But hey, people want more faithful versions of their games that they can't play in quarantine so I'm not saying it's bad.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dackel posted:

I installed Star Renegades through windows store, because it wouldn't show up on gamepass. So it's technically out there, just not on the app

Thanks! I would have never known to check there.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

Star Renegades is fun. It's Into The Breach with JRPG combat. There's a big puzzle element to the combat with turn management, stunning and delaying the enemy. It also has the Shadow of Mordor nemesis system. It's hard to tell how much variety there is from just a couple of hours played, but so far so good.

My one and only complaint so far is that the pixel graphics make my eyes hurt. It's like they have 3D models they converted to 2D and pixelated just way too much. The animations are nice, but who knows what the hell is going on with anything but the titanic-sized characters. I'm gonna play this windowed because it's too fun not to, but on a 2K monitor it's a mess.