Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Play posted:

OPUS: Echo of Starsong is a very nice-looking game that I'm surprised I hadn't heard a thing about until now. It's mainly a narrative adventure game but also has puzzle elements, apparently.

I started playing this and its a nice side scrolling narrative type game, the puzzling is extremely light so its really all about the story and characters. It has some really nice music too. The only negative I'd say is that there are all these dice roll type events which is kind of a lame mechanic for this type of game.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/917720/Gamedec/

Gamedec is also out but its getting some mixed reviews from sites

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Imposter Factory is out today, by the makers of To the Moon. Just in case anyone wanted to Feel Things
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182620/Impostor_Factory/

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FWIW this is the game where Native players tried to contact the devs because the story seemed to be very stereotypical (and the discord was awarding people roles of "chief" of the "tribe") and they got completely rebuffed

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7eq5y/this-land-is-my-land-wants-to-sell-an-indigenous-revenge-fantasy-but-without-any-indigenous-input

It also sounds like its not complete lol. People on the steam forums complaining that promised features are still not in, and the devs saying "we're still working on it" even though it left early access

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A chinese game got released this week, Sword and Fairy 7. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1543030/Sword_and_Fairy_7/

I just started it, but I'd say its worth looking into if you like Gujian 3. The big downsides are that
-the English translation is Not Good. Not bad enough that you can't tell whats going on, but yeah... Still not good.
-performance issues for a lot of people. The game had dlss and raytracing implemented, but it definitely needs some more work. People have taken to using some ini fixes to make it a bit better

I'd recommend checking it out though once it gets some patches/goes on sale if you're into the whole wuxia flying on swords type thing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They've always been pretty fun to play co op at least

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I think they had planned on doing pilot level ups and stuff but it looks like that got scrapped completely.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

How is that game structured? Is there a story or missions or anything. Or is it just infinite border guarding

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I've gotten my rear end kicked by the thing in the southeast isles. Seems like its actually better to just get completely sunk and reload your save if you've taken a couple hits just to save your money.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

My daughter will never learn any math

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Just find a no minimum brokerage that allows paper trading, there should be more than a few

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Just the description of that colon game is terrifying to me

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

Banishers is really great so far. Much better than the 78 metacritic score would have you believe. Yea the combat isn’t super interesting, but the writing and characters are top notch.

I haven't gotten very far but I definitely stared at the first big Decision screen you come across for a good long while

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did you learn anything from your loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Should upgrade your pc so you can play slice and dice on your phone while you sit on the ox cart in dragons dogma 2