Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I just can't get into most Zachtronics games. Feels like a game made for programmers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

OgNar posted:

Because they ruined anthropomorphism for many years to come.

Speaking of furries, here's Later Alligator. A disturbingly cute and fun little game that had me smiling the whole time I played it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/966320/Later_Alligator/

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Hav posted:

It’s good and in keeping with the tabletop. I got an infraction for wandering into a yellow area. Not too far in, but it’s got the flavor down.

My team threw me under the bus at debrief and i’m already classified as ‘deviant’.

I just finished it. The final levels get really annoying, but it's a janky love letter done by fans of the series. I actually really like it.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gobblecoque posted:

Starcom: Nexus is a neat little game that left early access a few days ago and it feels like its been a bit overlooked so I thought I'd post about it. The most brief way to describe it is to say that it's basically Star Control 2 in 2019. You command a starship that has been suddenly whisked away to a wholly mysterious part of space and to figure out what has happened you explore, fight, conduct diplomacy, and expand your ship. I haven't finished it yet but from what I've played it's a very solid and faithful successor to Star Control while having enough differences to avoid feeling like it's just retreading old ground. Planet exploration is a textual affair not unlike surveying anomalies in Stellaris rather than the old (and rather tedious imo) resources collection minigame from Star Control. The coolest difference I think is that Starcom takes Star Control's ship customization and dials it up to eleven. You build your ship piece by piece on a hex grid for total control over how your ship looks and performs. It does mean the ships have a bit of a lego appearance to them which some people might love or hate but it also makes for a satisfying progression as you eventually expand your ship from a tiny shuttle to a massive battleship bristling with weapons.

Overall, Starcom's a fun and meaty game that's well worth the 17 bux. I highly recommend it to fans of Star Control, Starsector, and Spaz and anyone who likes games about space and exploration.

This is 100% purchased. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Is this...advance wars?????

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

haldolium posted:

Biped is really good. Go play it with your loved one for a shitton of fun and confusion. Best enjoyed if not 100% comfy using analogue sticks for everything.

Do you need two copies or is it local coop?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

deep dish peat moss posted:

So this game Space Haven has been on my wishlist for a while and released in EA today.

It's a colony builder with pixel art graphics where you live in a spaceship that you build as you go, mine resources from asteroids with mining pod drones, fight off aliens, explore derelict space hulks with your away team, make sure your rooms are properly heated and supplied with power, grow artificial meat in labs, trade with errant traders, etc.

The graphics are really nice and it seems like it could go places. If you've played the Rimworld mod Save Our Ship/SOS you should feel right at home here

caveat emptor it's EA but I've been enjoying it

My main problem with this is the ridiculous amount of resource and production stuff you need to make things. Or maybe I'm overthinking it

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Philthy posted:

This really looks like an older Sega PC 4x game that came out and was forgotten about. Can't for the life of me remember what it was, but everything looked just like that from what I remember.

Emperor of the fading sun?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Philthy posted:

I'm hesitant to say it, but this has the possibility of dethroning Dawn of War: Dark Crusade as the top 40k game if they follow through with supporting the game with factions, army painter, campaigns, and game modes (aka "risk" Dark Crusade). This game is so good right now as far as mechanics and polish, that they have an amazing core of a game to turn it into something incredibly special and cement it as the 40k game.

I really dig Space Marines vs Tyranids. I'm not a fan of Orks, and everyone wants OrksOrksOrks lately in all the games, so what they are offering right now is my poo poo.

I'm into any 40k game as long as it's not a boring space marines game. How does this one stand up?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Argue posted:

I've been waiting for this, and the reviews sound favorable.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097200/Twelve_Minutes/

https://www.pcgamer.com/12-minutes-review/

Pc gamer loving hated it. So now I'm confused

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Not quite a new game, but eh, close enough:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1181830/Urtuk_The_Desolation/

And they posted a balance/bug patch today, so now's a good time to hop on.

I keep trying to get into this and the combat just utterly confuses me. Also the loot

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1721530/The_Captain/

In this retro-inspired adventure game you will have to race back home across the galaxy. Collect new friends on your journey. Make new enemies. You won't be able to save everyone. Who will you leave behind? Which civilizations will you save - or destroy - along the way?

Just saw this and played it a bit. Reminds me of judgement rites and star trek 25th anniversary.

You're a captain flying home to save earth, and solving various problems in planets, from prime directive violations to respecting alien cultures. It's actually very cool and fun and you should try it!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

goferchan posted:

I've already gushed about this in several other threads but after playing for a few days I'm confident this one is truly something special. Unless they really drop the ball at the end it will probably be a strong contender in my top list for "games where you wish you could wipe your memory and play them all over again".

So far I already refunded it. It starts out like a cool zeldalike but then decides to just randomly kick you in the balls. Not really fun

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Tellaris posted:

Jesus christ this game was bad. I can forgive a ton of indie jank if the game has a good plot but considering after beating 10(?) bosses all the dialog still looks like this...

Long slow walks outside of combat, lengthy unpleasant fights with occasionally no checkpoint setting you back upwards of 5-10 minutes on some of the nastier guys. Just generally not a pleasant game.

I'm in it for the duration this game is beautiful

Had to look on the steam forums to figure out how to save my goddamn game

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
High on life is on gamepass. It has mediocre gunplay and the humor is what you'd expect. There's also no way to skip dialogue!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Well I beat dredge. It was a pretty nice game. Both endings were cool!

Not very scary though. But still good! Boy. I sure do love engine upgrades.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

goatface posted:

Look, some of us grew up playing flight sims.

I grew up playing wing commander clones do those count

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Runa posted:

I mention Space Rangers 2 despite it being old as hell because more people need to know about that game

Just never play the rts sections

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Xenonauts 2 looks like xenonauts 1. I'm not sure what is different about it but I'm vaguely interested?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

PotatoManJack posted:

A lot of the negative reviews basically say the same thing; that it's just Xeno 1 with overhauled engine/graphics. I'm gonna wait until it comes out of EA to see if I want to buy it or not, because as much as I love the original xcom game, I think I've probably squeezed as much value out of it as I can.

It sucks because I was hoping for a lot of cool expanded stuff but it's apparently exactly the same as 1? What the hell

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

OzFactor posted:

This is a really great game that I'm going to assume is getting bad reviews because the original version is totally broken and was never fixed, and now they're selling this one instead of patching the old one. That sucks! But it's a great puzzle game! Highly recommended if you've never played it before, or if you can get over paying for it again.

It doesn't look anything like a might and magic game so I'm very confused.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

goatface posted:

I've been playing it. It's not working for me that well. There's a lot of bouncing around between locations as you slowly level skills and barely scrape surviving the next combat encounter. Fighting seems spongy despite how easy it is to die, given that you are almost always outnumbered and frequently started in a disadvantageous position. It has the general feel of something they balanced on the experience of their veteran playtesters.

Maybe I'll start it over on the heroic baby difficulty level and see if it grabs me more.

I specialized in charisma and didn't have to fight a single time

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ZCKaiser posted:

Apparently a Paranoia game came out yesterday?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/858030/Paranoia_Happiness_is_Mandatory/

Six reviews split between positive and negative.

I beat this game when it came out like three years ago. The early parts are fun but it rapidly degenerates late game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

grate deceiver posted:

Just found out about this game, releases into EA in a week and looks dope as hell - Underspace

What immediately made me interested is that it's a space shooter game in vein of Freelancer, but with a horror/occult theming. Giant void leviahans, megastructures, weird bioscapes and space demons, kinda reminds me of E.Y.E.

I tried the demo of this game. It was extremely janky and very badly translated but hopefully it got better?