Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The steam page seems to indicate that won't be in English... yet the trailer video has English in it...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872410/ROMANCE_OF_THE_THREE_KINGDOMS_XIV/

Seems to be that English is coming... Feb 28th. So won't be ready at release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps just came out, and from what I've played it seems that as well as fixing the first game's terrible combat, they've also mixed in a bit of Hollow Knight.

A pogo hop ability, a mapmaker who moves from zone to zone, estus-style healing that consumes the same resource as damaging attacks, oh and this is literally the charm screen.

Really enjoying it so far.

The combat feels so good now! Up + sword juggle feels great.

Too bad about the audio issues, that *bzzzzt* sound really gets on your nerves

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

it's been out for at least a decade

Early Access hmmmm

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Kanos posted:

Spiritfarer is gorgeous and I like it a whole lot. My only major criticism is that they leaned really hard into the fiddly busywork part of the management and it can get a little annoying having to water your plants for the 500th time while you're sailing around doing stuff for your pals.

I finished the game yesterday, you absolutely will find a discrepancy on resources you just have over time v the ones you work for. This really needed automation options for everything. Especially once you bring characters to the everdoor and lose their free resources every once in a while.

Overall I enjoyed my time but the ending left me unfulfilled, there's lots of things you're supposed to work out yourself and lots of things unanswered. Also some characters will land and others just have zero character development. Don't think it's worth full price, but I had fun playing through it on gamepass.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

LifeLynx posted:

These three are on my radar. I only found out about Star Renegades today, but after watching the gameplay trailer I'm really looking forward to it. Supposedly it comes out on Game Pass at some point today. I still have that, so I'll try it there. Necromunda looks good but I heard it's very dense and slow. It might be like Warhammer Underworlds, where it's only playable if you're super familiar with the tabletop version, which I'm not. But hey, people want more faithful versions of their games that they can't play in quarantine so I'm not saying it's bad.

I installed Star Renegades through windows store, because it wouldn't show up on gamepass. So it's technically out there, just not on the app

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I don't mind the pixel art, but the janky camera and flashing lights when you fast forward combat animations is making me nauseous.

Game is good otherwise, straight up won the first time and now I keep dying over and over and losing runs :xcom:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

and then (spoiler to post-run mechanics)Sab becomes the new boss and you cry from being denied Blitz

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

treat posted:

Not on the "game pass" I have.

I played through it already on PC, not sure xbox has it

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Shores kind of reminded me of the Shores Unkown game that I liked the demo of during the Steam demo event, and I saw it in the upcoming titles list a week ago. Then it seemed to have disappeared, but it's out in EA now? I guess they didn't sell enough to get picked up by the algorithm.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/899460/Shores_Unknown/

Anyone bought it? Devs said it currently has 6h content, which i'm kinda meh about tbh for an RPG title

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

PotatoManJack posted:

Anyone tried this? I like the sound of it, and reviews are mostly positive, but for $80AUD I'm gonna need a seriously addictive game with lots of replay value, and I can't say I'm getting that from the store page.

Seems to be a great game, but for that price i'm holding out for at least 50% discount (especially with SMTV just around the corner)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Starcrawlers was pretty fun for an indie, I'm definitely keeping my eye on their next game. I'm not sure I like how you're (apparently?) just 1 person instead of a party, unless I'm reading the steam page wrong

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Suddenly a random spiritual successor to Battlechasers from the same dev appears??? Sign me up

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Hard recommend from me, very fun yet very simple. $3!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

This is a very fun little timewaster, though there seems to be only 2 maps so far. Got to 30min on the second map, and some reaper flew in from offscreen and instakilled me. Good find!

Not sure if it's possible to beat him, but you can permafreeze him with the clock weapon (although i missed hitting him once and immediately got hugged to death)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

If anyone is struggling with Vampire Survivor for reasons they can't seem to understand, try capping framrate to 60. Some things are tied to fps (like the height of pre-evolve axe). I haven't personally encountered it, but know of someone that had this issue

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I've been playing it too, the bosses are very doable without upgrades. But you'll have to know their movesets to know how to move/dodge and when it's safe. That's the impossible part really. Fun game, will be interesting how much more things they can pack into it. They are definitely trying to hit the same notes as Hades with all the voice acted interactions for every character, but it's not hitting the same highs.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Already finished it on gamepass. Neat little game, very easy since it has no combat and no real failure states. Enjoyed my time with it, a perfect gamepass game tbh

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Osmosisch posted:

It looked extremely my jam until I read the vP part. Bummer.

:same:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Tagichatn posted:

If someone gives me a good thread title, I'll make a dave the diver thread.

Hot Pepper Tuna - Dave the Diver (2023)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

it looks so good, but it's exactly because of it being Ori devs that I'm holding out (something something no ethical consumption of course)