Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Palpek posted:

I just saw that earlier this month a new Amanita Design game got released (they made Machniarium and Botanicula): Pilgrims

As always it looks very original but might be too rough for me.

This is very good but it's literally an hour long lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

itry posted:

It's also very cheap.

True, I got it with apple arcade

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope Amanita makes another game like Pilgrims, the systems are great and I was all set to do more and then the game just ends.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yea CROSSNIQ+ owns, it plays as great as it looks. I haven't played versus yet but the endless mode is tight, managing the special blocks that restrict your movement is strangely compelling.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gonna purchase that exclusively for the solitaire game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sindai posted:

It's okay I'm a programmer and I can't get into them either.

I admire anyone who can think about logic problems all day and then go home and do logic problems for fun.

My job isn't solving logic problems, it's getting around holes in the buggy platform my company uses. Going home to a zachtronics game where everything is designed with intent is incredibly refreshing even when they try to trip you up lol.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Palpek posted:

Something that looks like 3D Picross got released - Voxelgram

oh that's one of my favorite 3ds games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_JeMKf2N0

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

Chromatic aberration replaced obnoxious Vlambeer screen shake and Call of Duty dual image blur as the effect when you get hit really hard and I couldn't be happier.

Vlambeer screen shake owns, nerd

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm not interested in survival games so I'm skipping Valheim but wow it's gorgeous.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I snapped this up because I remember playing a demo back in the day. It's very Rhythm Heaven, kind of feels like they expanded a single game from that into a full game. Really really fun!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

mary had a little clam posted:

I'm really interested in this since one of the people that worked on PARATOPIC worked on this. It's like $18 right now, hopefully someone got it and can tell us if they think it's any good??

Worth giving it a chance, imo. This isn't actual spoilers just what I thought of the game, but like any review is like a psudospoiler for this kind of thing so whatever: A lot of it is very good, and it feels like it could have been great if it had a bigger budget instead of a two person indie joint. I personally was fed up with it by the end, for both story reasons and cause of bug stuff. I see a lot of people liking it a lot for good reasons. I don't regret getting it, and the stuff that works is really cool, so yea it's worth a chance.

One big issue is there's a lot of spaces where there isn't much to interact with, and others where you're supposed to treat it like Gone Home, and I missed some actually important stuff because I couldn't tell the difference.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Play posted:

Huh they said on that new games stream that this was for PS4 and PS5 so I thought it was an exclusive but it's not! It's also on steam. Really wanna try this one out, I enjoyed Wandersong and this looks just as unique

It's extremely good! I'd also argue that it's really meant to be played with a mouse, it's not bad with a controller at all but it's more fun when you can more easily paint exactly where you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

madfury posted:

Has anyone played it? It screams everspace to me which I loved and it is a full game release (what ever that means nowadays) but it came out of nowhere for me. There are a few streamers playing it and it looks fine. And I get suspicious if everything looks legit.... Its not like 5 hours long, is it?

Reviews say it has the opposite problem, it's stretched out too thin over a too empty open world, and there's hours of story segments that drag the game down. But yeah other people have been vibing with it more so it's probably worth a shot.