Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that ninja game looks stellar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1736300/LIBLADE/ This just came out, it's only $7 and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It requires a dual analog controller because you use the right stick to swing your sword and if you're thinking "that sounds awkward" I get it, but just a few minutes with the game blew those doubts away for me because it works really well. It's stage based with checkpoints you buy new moves and upgrades at, seems linear but you can jump back to earlier checkpoints/stages if you'd like.

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256854442/movie480_vp9.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tried the demo and actually really liked it. exploration feels satisfying and I love how much information it gives you in battles. still very early but it's easy to imagine how strategic it could get later on. definitely encourage people to check it out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

This is a remake of a free game that was pretty popular on some japanese freeware sites a while ago. It's a one man project made up of a lot of free art so it looks kind of janky, although a long-time Vanillaware artist has gone through and improved a bunch of it for the remake. Not really a metroidvania, it's very combat focused with a lot of rpg elements. Really reminds me of Ys 3 or Faxanadu. I've been having a blast with it since it came out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mode 7 posted:

Kandria is goon-made as well I believe.

It is, heres the dev's thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938111

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

worm girl posted:

There is a new game called Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum that somehow nobody knows about but it's kind of incredible.

https://nodayshalleraseyou.itch.io/deadeye-deepfake-simulacrum

It has Caves of Qud style visuals and Hotline Miami controls, but it's an immersive sim. The hacking interface is a text parser which leads to a lot of comedy as you try to type while being shot at. If you don't like the parser you can swap it out for buttons, but that's not as funny.

The writing deploys some internet lingo (ie succ) but it's actually pretty clever and fits the kinda vaporwave thing they have going on. It's really neat.

Checked out the demo and hey this is awesome, thanks

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Moonring

Just came out, and it's free. Described as a blend of early Ultima and roguelikes, with a hand-crafted open world and randomly generated dungeons. Turn-based, bump into enemies to attack them. Kind of resembles Caves of Qud? I've barely played it but immediately liked the style of it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this feels amazing, the grappling physics are just perfect. it's front-loaded with with a lot of story but when it finally lets you play it's just a delight to control. katana zero with a grappling arm in place of the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

This was a really amazing game. The comparisons to Katana ZERO are pretty apt - it's right up there in quality.

However, the ending struck me as a little odd. Did Mister just walk off to repair the reactor and die there? I think his fate was left deliberately ambiguous but it seemed a little abrupt of an ending after the previous scene. Did I miss something? Is there a hidden final scene if you beat legendary mode or something like that?

I don't know whether there's a hidden scene, but Mari suggested she was going to get melted by radiation if she walked in there and that stuff fucks up electronics too. So yeah I figured he died. Was kind of hoping for one final boss though.