Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Oh wow, I've been looking forward to your game. Congratulations on the release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It's singleplayer.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Does Ghostwire Tokyo have its own thread yet? Haven't read/seen any goonpinions about it.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

It's completely "Ok", honestly don't think there's that much to say about it.
The presentation is neat, and the story is interesting enough to want to follow, but the gameplay is very bog-standard "Go here, clear shrine, unlock more collectables and side missions"-collectathon stuff all the way through. Some of the side and main missions are neat, but there's just an insane amount of filler in-between.

I enjoyed it enough, I guess. But I'm not sure I'd recommend it at full price.

DropTheAnvil posted:

It's FarCry: Tokyo without the hijinks of Farcry. Neat theme and if you like Japan you may like this.

Overall the game is "bland". Bland story about a dude trying to save his sister, bland map where you go to a shrine to unlock areas of the map (And several, several, SEVERAL collectibles). Combat is serviceable, but you don't get to experiment much.

I think people who can buy in to the concept, and stay invested despite the blandness, will enjoy the game.
Thanks! I dislike the Ubisoft formula so I'm gonna pass on it this until the next huge sale. I was hoping the story and gameplay would match the interesting aesthetics.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Should one play the original first to get the most out of the remakequel?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

RPS enjoyed it. It's quite short, around 4 hours.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I think they're referring to the Sword & Sworcery style.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The inventory system is infuriating.

Also there's a bug that allows you to spawn infinite logs and I hope they never patch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What's that music in the accolades trailer for Harold Halibut? Is it from the game?