Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What's the multiplayer like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Rusty posted:

Outpost: Infinity Siege

This is some sort of mash up of FPS, tower defense, base building, and extraction shooter. It has mostly negative reviews mainly it seems due to performance, but it also has 10k playing right now.

The reviews are also pegging it as way too grindy and not focused enough on the base-building and gunplay parts. I was looking forward to this game for multiplayer and there's also complaints that only the host gets meaningful progress in multiplayer. This all seems fixable over time by tweaking numbers and how multiplayer works and if that all gets settled it'll be much more appealing to me.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just got this. I've only played solo and on the campaign. It's a little janky, but fun so far.

Seems accurate from the limited amount of time I've played this. So far most of the game has been about searching a small map for stuff and hauling it back to your base to extract. It's a game that tries to do a lot. It's not perfect, but it's fun for the $20 I spent on it through Green Man Gaming.

The voice acting is pretty terrible, though. No amount of number tweaking is going to fix that, lol.

Is it better in Chinese or is it English only voice acting?