Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've been hooked on Little Big Workshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dtk6mzv9tQ

it is what it looks like, you run a factory and produce goods at a profit. the gameplay loop comes in optimizing and streamlining your manufacturing process, as more complex products require more complex chains of parts assembly. i've already gotten my money's worth out of it, it's a definite must get if you like cartoony games about gnomes working production lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

haldolium posted:

Blacksad will be out on Thursday (November 14). I think the theme is really cool, the trailer leaves some mixed feelings about the quality of the story/writing but I'll check it out in any case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GALOOSLrg0

i want to point out that this looks like furry poo poo but it's based on this european comic series that is american hardboiled detective stories, but with animal people. so if you're worried that this is going to be owo rawr nonsense think more LA Noire but you're playing as a sleek cat-man private investigator in 1950's new york, and the chief of police is a german shepard, and the mobsters are like turtles and flamingos. in one of the comics there's a racist white nationalist group but all the members are cold weather animals like polar bears and arctic foxes. nary a glomp in sight

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

doctorfrog posted:

Slitherine will be releasing a bit of an odd duck, a 4X that looks (to me) like a wargame wherein you play a 4X game that's really a procedurally generated and interactive map editor, then the wargame itself.

Looks kinda fun.

this game is super good but a very groggy-jank one man operation. it has some of the most powerful one more turn compulsive gameplay i've experienced in years, the UI is merely functional and the graphics are straight out of 1996. it's definitely not for everyone but if you ever thought that what the civ series needed was OOB/TOE management as well as a complex, barely functioning bureaucracy full of unrest and political bickering then definitely check this game out

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PunkBoy posted:

Anyone try out Space Haven? It's early access but I really dig the idea.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/979110/Space_Haven/

it's pretty good, though right now there isn't much to do outside of building a ship. the flying the ship around, combat, and other mechanics need to be fleshed out more

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There's a new game, Creaks, by the publishers of Machinarium. (runs around in circles screaming)

Machinarium is a beautiful, intellectually challenging point-and-click adventure. It often made me laugh. There were very, very few puzzles I had to look up. The visual style is distinctly Czech; it reminds me of some Czech animation I've seen. I am delighted to find a new game by these people.

Creaks Steam page.

hell loving yeah, i came to the thread to tout this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBaf3onLWs

amanita is one of those indie studios that just quietly ticks along being super good in their niche and i love everything they do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8cS-zBeBw

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 23, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
being 20 and deeply in love owns to experience but is incredibly annoying to witness

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm a sucker for Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld style games so this is definitely one I'll keep an eye on. Interested in reviews if anyone gives it a shot.

unfortunately, it is bad

way too early alpha, not only buggy (can be patched eventually, but like won't even load saves buggy. uncaught object reference error buggy) but with questionable design decisions and balance. fires are in the game, but the only way to fight a fire is to build a door and hard vent all the atmo in the room to space. why not just turn off fires until you add firefighting? also after about a week of play your people will go into a tantrum spiral and just beat the poo poo out of each other constantly due to accumulated stress, one of the major stressors being "someone just got beaten to death"

Buller posted:

how did hammerting turn out

pretty alright! if you like the idea of a casual, side-perspective dwarf fortress then its worth a look. its not finished yet but the pace of updates has been regular and substantial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

anatomi posted:

Should one play the original first to get the most out of the remakequel?

yes, you should play the original content first because the remakequel content discusses some of the ideas present in the OG content, and it is funnier if you understand the jokes set up by the original

when you boot the game, it will ask you if you've ever played the game before. i dont know for sure what happens if you answer no, but i think it takes longer for the new content to appear. the new content is also clearly marked as new content. i'm not going to spoil anything because this is one of those games which is far better if you go into it blind, but there is no chance of stumbling over new content without being aware that it is new content