Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I saw mention of Cozy Grove earlier and I have put a few hours into it and can confirm, yes it is very Animal Crossing and zero Dont Starve. Its a game that definetly respects your time, and encourages you to come back like tomorrow to do more stuff. Its pretty good overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I cant remember if it was Ghosts & Goblins or Ghouls & Ghosts that made you beat the game twice to see the real ending, but yeah theyre legendary for the brutal hardness.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Miracle World is good, no shame there. It's not SMB1 (nothing was) but it's a good game!

Unlike Lost Stars and Enchanted Castle.

Oh god I presume you mean Milons Enchanted Castle, gently caress that impossible lovely pile of trash.
Edit: Oh wait, its Milons Secret Castle duh.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I played the demo for Carrier 2, and found it pretty fun. I could definetly see a mp version like Pulsar being some fun shenanigans.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I managed to get through everything in The Ascent in a few days, even with the bugs I would really like to explore more of this world they created.
And shoot more idiot robots in their stupid faces with saw blades and exploding bullets.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
So Ive also been playing Sable, the mix of Mobius style and good writing us super compelling. But yeah there are some incredibly bad choices they made, such as the floater bike not just staying a set distance above the ground and instead bouncing off of everything like a drunk whale. The bike gets way more obnoxious after you slap the speed engine on it, especially if you try to jump off a dune.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Chasing Static came out, and it's pretty cool.
Probably more of a walking simulator, but they super nailed the PSX asthetic and the VA is decent.
I heard its pretty short, but I'm still pretty near the beginning so we shall see.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was reading a couple reviews of this earlier today and I put it on my wishlist, at least. It definitely looks like my kind of thing, but I have like four other games I'm working on right now, so I can afford to wait a bit for some of the small gripes I'm reading about to get ironed out. I'd be interested in hearing more on how you feel about it after you've played it a bit deeper!

I've played a bit on Game Pass, the only super annoying issues I've had were having a bit of trouble understanding which direction to move the rod to counter fish movement, and a story mission that apparently bugs out on the final step but you can reload it and it should work fine. People saying they couldn't figure out how to save boggle my mind, like I figured it out pretty quickly.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
From what Ive watched, the writing for Guardians is indeed pretty good.
So Moonglow Bay devs decided to not include any kind of autosave, no idea why but thats a hard pass from me.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

madfury posted:

Has anyone played it? It screams everspace to me which I loved and it is a full game release (what ever that means nowadays) but it came out of nowhere for me. There are a few streamers playing it and it looks fine. And I get suspicious if everything looks legit.... Its not like 5 hours long, is it?

I have played the demo, it controls like Everspace but the story feels like something out of House of Dying Suns. It seems to be fairly meaty on missions, you start out in a big open map with a bunch of side missions pretty quickly.
I really like it a lot.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Planets dyin Cloud.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
The demo for Ship of Fools was pretty fun, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Aww maaan I played the Elevator Action arcade at the Godfathers Pizza my family used to go to in ye olde days, thats rad!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Dredge is rad, I have taken to just staying out in my boat all night even if that rear end in a top hat angler fish cpmes after me. Like gently caress that jerk, seriously.
Im definetly not going near whatever is lurking in the Stellar Abyss, no thanks.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
The eel thing can be outrun eventually, just go farm up mats for the upgrades.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Decon posted:

Oh, it's undeniably poorly balanced right now. Some guns are just objectively better than others and Juiced is a wildly better item that basically anything else in the game no matter what gun you're using.

I will say, you ought to keep at it on normal. Once your build takes off, you start looping on normal. Just a bit harder to get that engine started

But, issues aside, it's dumb fun for $10 made by one guy in the midst of what is kind of a gaming drought for me (here's hoping System Shock remake doesn't get another delay).

Crab Champs has probably one of the best feeling shooter controls, it's just so drat nice to play.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Play posted:

Yeah I do all that, but sometimes you really want to hit the bonuses for a style so I have to include a certain number of attacks even if I'm a bit low on energy. Just seems like the opponents have much more generous energy expenditure, but I'll adapt.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1181610/Roto_Force/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256950236/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1685622643

100% positive out of 27. Pretty cheap, and I like the rotating concept

That sounds like Chipzel did the soundtrack.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

It's by the same devs as Lifeless Planet I think, sure looks like it.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

haldolium posted:

huh apparently Kona 2 was released

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1229020/Kona_II_Brume/

never finished the first but always liked its atmosphere, stood out from walking sims/horror stuff

Im currently playing KONA 2, it's not as open as the first game but feels way more polished. I'm enjoying it so far, and they give you sone difficulty options so you don't have to worry about survival things as much which is nice if you just want to enjoy the story without the micromanagement. Pretty good so far.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1568400/Sheepy_A_Short_Adventure/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256955380/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1687877984

A free game promoting some streamer I guess. I just beat it in about an hour and a half maybe and had a great time doing it tbh. 99% positive out of almost 2k reviews.

I've played that, it's a pretty solid platformer with a super great segment where you run super fast with a bunch of tiny bunnies.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Reviews for Nightingale are mixed currently, apparently theres a lot of lag even in single-player mode.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I played through Open Road, I liked it a lot. Its by the Gone Home/Tacoma devs, which I am already a big fan of so it was obviously already going to be up my alley. The va was really good, and theres a fair amount of poking around interesting environments. They have some cool songs on the car radio in the road trip segments, I think iltjis is the first game Ive heard a Knife song in. Overall I liked it a lot, but keep in mind its really short as it took me about 2.5 hours to complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I liked the Botany Manor demo a lot, its a chill nice time plantin flowers and stuff.