Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The Ramp is out today, it's just a small toy as the one developer calls it, no unlocks or scoring or progress or anything, just skating in small maps. It's $4.79.

The Ramp

quote:

YES:

tons of flow
satisfying & unique skateboarding gameplay
easy to learn, hard to master

BUT:

NO unlockable stuff
NO score, NO missions
NO guns, explosions and helicopters

Rusty fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Carrier Commander 2 is out, demo seemed cool and they added multiplayer and VR support as well. It has an neat art style that a few new MicroProse releases have.

quote:

Carrier Command 2 is the real-time strategy game that puts you in command of a futuristic carrier capable of deploying a vast array of aircraft and amphibious units. Compete against AI or human players and hop into every single vehicle to take matters into your own hands!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1489630/Carrier_Command_2/

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
A couple games that look interesting that I have not bought yet, this first one seems like it doesn't have much game yet, but maybe worth keeping an eye one, it's in early access.

Animalia Survival

quote:

Live as your favourite african animal, choose between being a carnivore, herbivore or omnivore, predator or prey. In this multiplayer ecosystem, with a realistic open world, choose to become a lion, a elephant or even a swift gazelle! But remember, the savannahs law is to survive at any cost!

Also people seemed interested in this when it was announced:

Lost in Random

quote:

Play the odds in Lost in Random™, a gothic-fairy-tale-inspired action-adventure where every citizen’s fate is determined by a roll of the dice.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Large Testicles posted:

I've never done any sort of programing, i'm just a casual computer toucher and even I know why that's a loving insanely terrible idea.
Doesn't seem that bad, they say Unity has saving to the registry built in, it's just that they were having file size issues on some versions of windows. Saving to the Current User should be fine. I have done dumb VB programs and they have registry saving functions built in as well. It's just a database.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Time Loader

quote:

Time Loader is a story-driven puzzle-platformer with tiny robots, alternate realities, nostalgic music, and primitive tech from the 90s!

He had an accident as a child so he studied physics and engineering all his life and built a time machine to send a little rover back to fix his accident. I really loved the demo for this one.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Tiny Combat Arena is in early access for $14. I love the art style but seems there isn't a lot too it yet, but very positive reviews.

quote:

Tiny Combat Arena is an approachable combat flight simulator sporting a stylized look and various game modes. Dogfight your way in the Arena and in Quick Action or craft your own scenarios and take part in a vast war with objectives and friendly armies to support.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1347550/Tiny_Combat_Arena

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Rexxed posted:

Leap is going to be in early access on June 1st. It looks fun but I haven't tried it yet:
https://www.playleap.com/
one review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHMkZ9DApyw
This looks interesting, thanks for posting.

Another game coming up is the WW3 game that will at some point be free to play, but if you want to play now it's $15. I have held off on it since it doesn't seem to be in great shape, but some people seem to like it a lot.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I noticed this game on my wish list went live today for $9.00.

Freshjy Frosted

quote:

Place conveyor belts to solve puzzles in the world's most adorable donut factory!

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Zed Zone came out a few days ago, it is a lot like Project Zomboid, but there are a lot of differences. The art style for one, but also you start out with guns a melee weapon and resources and for me I think it controls a lot better and I prefer the UI as well. It's only $10 bucks right now. It's early access, so some bugs but there is a lot to this game already.

Zed Zone

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256937143/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1679481150

Very positive with 800 reviews.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Havendock is out today, was one of the demos for steamfest.

quote:

Breathe easy and thrive in this cozy colony sim. Build a haven for castaways, manage resources, live your best life on the ocean. Lead your humble settlement into a high-tech society.

This seems like a fun little incremental crafting game where you gather resources that float by and gradually expand your base. One bad review out of 14 so far.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Archmage Rises is out today. They had a demo of the full game for like two months and it certainly is interesting though I would warn that it is a true EA game and feels like pre-Alpha. I tried the demo last week and still ran in to all sorts of bugs, but I am keeping my eye on it to see how it progresses.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256940015/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1680816384

quote:

Prepare to immerse yourself in the freedom that you can normally only get out of a tabletop RPG. Empowered with magic, you will create your own story, and experience real consequences from the decisions you make. Will you be the world’s savior . . . or its destroyer? The choice is yours.

Key features:

Every life is intimate, unique, and memorable. Feel each playthrough deeply.
Explore a true open world teeming with life, choice, and consequence
Immerse yourself in a player-driven story that evolves based on your decisions
Unleash dangerous spells that can have game-changing consequences
Cast magic to overcome obstacles and explore challenging dungeons
Procedural world generation featuring in-depth political, economic, and military simulations
Experience a never-before-seen religion/spirituality/worship system

$25 no reviews

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I picked up Shadow of Doubt, what the hell, looks really interesting.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Battlebit is out in EA finally, for a mere $15. It's a low poly FPS Battlefield like game with up to 256 players per map. It looks bad but it has some of the best shooting mechanics for a multiplayer FPS and a pretty good community. The EA has a ton of maps and modes. The last playtest had 30k people playing so should be fairly populated.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/671860/BattleBit_Remastered/

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales is out.

I thought the demo was great. In the real world the game is in first person, and the deal is you go in to books (top down perspective) to get items (part of the story). You can go in and out and solve puzzles from stuff you bring in to the book. The demo just had the first mission and I thought the whole presentation was really clever and interesting.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The Battlebit devs are really nice and ban people for abuse and seem to monitor it closely so seems dumb to judge them based on where they were born.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Outpost: Infinity Siege

quote:

Command Mobile Outpost and take XEN Firearm to venture deep into the Signet surveillance off-limit area. Collect unique Weapon Units. Amp up the firepower of the Outpost that fights with you. This is an FTD game - FPS, Tower Defense, Base Building and much more all at the same time.

This is some sort of mash up of FPS, tower defense, base building, and extraction shooter. It has mostly negative reviews mainly it seems due to performance, but it also has 10k playing right now.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Gynovore posted:

Not optimistic since reviews tend to start positive and go down over time.
Seems like it's the opposite with this game, it's now up to mixed and they have been releasing major patches daily. Check out the news section, people seem to be really happy with the updates. Also when I posted this there was 10k concurrent. It was up to 17k yesterday.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Requoting to give goons a quick rundown of this game: <Snip>

You CAN (and most likely will) find yourself in a position where you die. It sucks because you will lose stuff. However, you can always find more. I haven't beaten the game yet because I made stupid mistakes. I'm hoping this helps any goons interested in playing the game.
I ended up buying based on this review, so thanks. I haven't played yet, but the devs seem to be updating this game daily so I am giving it a shot.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 31, 2024

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Has no one posted this one? It seems pretty cool but it is kind of getting mixed reviews due to early access bugs, but the bad reviews still seem mixed on it. It uses real world maps so you can set your base at your real life neighborhood if you want. I don't own it yet so I can't comment more on it.

quote:

Choose any real region from the world. Choose your base of operations, then rebuild and readapt the buildings around you to create a self-sustaining settlement. Take charge of a group of survivors from your city. And when the night falls - Defend the zone from the infected!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465460/Infection_Free_Zone/

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

There’s a free demo/“prologue” for 8 days that offers 6 cities. It’s probably more polished than the game in general, but could be a way to see what it’s like:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2485640/Infection_Free_Zone__Prologue/
Oh nice, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Rusty posted:

Has no one posted this one? It seems pretty cool but it is kind of getting mixed reviews due to early access bugs, but the bad reviews still seem mixed on it. It uses real world maps so you can set your base at your real life neighborhood if you want. I don't own it yet so I can't comment more on it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465460/Infection_Free_Zone/
I ended up buying this. I have to say it is really interesting how the real world map integrates in to the game. It somewhat ties building types to resources. So grocery stores have food, police stations have guns, medical buildings have med supplies etc. So if you base it in your neighborhood, you kind of have an idea where you want to go to get things, to a limited extent, it isn't perfect. It's also just really neat knowing the neighborhood you are in. It's a really cool gimmick actually. Also this game right now has mixed reviews, but there are like 10k concurrent players with a peak of 20k. Kind of wild for a game like this.