Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Red Rox posted:

I enjoyed it in the begging but then I started getting to a point where every mission was a super-long slog and I would lose right near the end just by running out of cards, which is super lame.

But maybe I was playing it wrong?

You playing solo or with friends? Because I find the experience vastly different and absolutely cannot play it solo without it feeling like a job. With friends, it's basically the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Red Rox posted:

Ah ok yeah I was trying to play it solo. The longer missions do feel a lot like work!

Calculating initiative turns is what ultimately makes the game almost impossible for me in solo. It saps all the fun out of the game - you just get paralysed by overthinking. With buddies? One of the best co-op games I've ever played.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Good Citizen posted:

Has anyone in this thread mentioned MoonBreaker yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845890/Moonbreaker/

It's by unknown worlds (Subnautica) and is trying to be a Warhammer-like tabletop online thing on a smaller game scale. Is the gameplay good? I don't know and I may never find out. The mini painting is good, though! It has auto-masking, paint tools, washes, glazes, dry brushes, air brushes, basically all the stuff you're used to if you ever dove into a mini painting hobby. I've been having a good time just chilling and painting some weird dudes while watching something on the TV.

I've been meaning to get round to this as I bought it in EA ages ago. It has one of the most friendly Discords I've ever been in. The tutorial was very polished and the game seems great.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

_____! posted:

gently caress I was going to sit this one out since for once I have like 4 games I'm bouncing between but y'all convinced me. One of those games being S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so maybe I just have a thing for exclusion zones :v:

I also thought it was a Subnautica/the Forest-a-like so I'm guessing their marketing department might have been a little off.

\/\/\/\/ Hmm that's an interesting way of putting it! I never really got the impression of base building from the trailer, more the survival aspect. Either way it looks like I know what I'm playing this weekend.

Read Roadside Picnic, it's short, awesome and weird.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

This was posted upthread but yeah, looks like it could be a banger. Gonna wait on the reviews though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2393770/Bang_Average_Football/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257011105/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1711475961

Fans of Senisble Soccer should probably keep an eye on this one!

Also, echoing people further upthread - this thread is gold. Well done to all who recommend!

frytechnician fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 13, 2024