Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

grate deceiver posted:

Symphony of War - Fire Emblem/Ogre Battle/FFT -like turn-based strategy with lots of classes and hero and army customization. 95% positive on 63 reviews. Also has a giant lady.

i just played this for the first 3 hours and its pretty great!! It feels like they took all the best parts of ogre battle and fire emblem while managing not to feel like a clone of either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
played Underspace for a bit... first impression was not good at all, extremely rough and clunky UI, voice acting is half assed and seems arbitrary which lines are spoken vs written and makes it hard to follow wtf is going on when wingmates are talking to you and theres 2 text boxes on screen at once as your character is talking too while combat is going on and some of the enemy NPC death screams are hilariously bad (to be fair they did make very sure to tell you that all Voice Acting is extremely WIP, adding a note about it with EVERY SINGLE LINE). The walking around in station scenes are also janky as hell, like asset-flip shovelware bad.

BUT once you get into space it is definitely faithful to Freelancer (almost to a fault) and the lovecraftian giant space monster twist they put on it does look like it could be pretty cool. I do really love freelancer though so will most likely be putting a few more hours into it to see if it can get its hooks in me. There is potential here for sure and from some of the steam reviews ive been reading there is a lot of content right now despite the early access jank.