Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm intrigued by this but this review makes it sound like it's more like a demo:

quote:

This "game" has a great idea, and it deserves to be fleshed out. However this is not enough to be worth charging money for yet. I beat everything this game has to offer in fifteen minutes, and during that time i did not come close to losing. it has no substance whatsoever. Not enough here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

FYI I was trying to figure out why this sort of looked like Goodbye Volcano High, and it is apparently by the people who made this

quote:

Snoot Game is a parody visual novel loosely based on Goodbye Volcano High, made by transphobic 4channers out of spite for the source material and its LGBT representation. Snoot Game promotes the idea that being nonbinary is a harmful self-delusion as a result of mental illness and toxic enablers, and early in the game, the protagonist claims that the use of the pronoun ‘they’ for Fang constitutes “murdering the English language.”

Notably, there are four possible endings to the game, where both of the “bad” outcomes are associated with Fang remaining nonbinary, while both of the “good” outcomes are associated with Fang desisting from being nonbinary and identifying as female. Hint: the ‘coorelation doesn’t equal causation’ argument doesn’t exactly hold water when what you’re defending is a piece of carefully-crafted propaganda.

https://medium.com/@aok0o2j1/snoot-games-hateful-transphobic-messaging-psa-c0a6b8309d46

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't understand how people play stuff like this. When I play snes scrolling shooter games in an emulator I often turn off a bunch of the layers because they're too distracting and that's nothing compared to this. This just seems like a nightmare.

mystes
May 31, 2006

why do i want this, what is wrong with me

seriously this type of desktop toy things is pretty nostalgic though

mystes
May 31, 2006

From the title I was expecting something like powerwash simulator but from the video it seems even weirder because none of the stuff shown actually appears to be dishwashing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Was that the game that announced a mode that made all the colors drab as an april fools joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Chrono Ark

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256767027/movie480_vp9.webm

Roguelike deckbuilder (yeah, yeah, I know), with the hook being that it's also a party-based JRPG with a lot of story to it. 20 characters, some unlockable, and you can change who you use for each run. Also notable in that it's been in Early Access for about 4 1/2 years and this is the actual 1.0 release.

Very positive reviews, with about 6,800 reviews over time and over 500 reviews recently. Several positive reviews from people with over 100 hours in it, so it looks promising. $18.74 on 24% launch discount.

It also has a swimsuit DLC so, yeah, very JRPG.
The art style doesn't appeal to me at all but I like roguelike deckbuilders and I appear to already own it from some humble bundle or something so maybe I should give it a shot