Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Did they screw Detroit? You decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
bigly screwjob

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
NFL Gay So What

Content:

Efb

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 15, 2019

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the nfl isnt sending their best folks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No poll with all the options being "Yes, the Lions got hosed" ??

Very Sad.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yes

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

iospace posted:

Did they screw Detroit? You decide

yes

next question

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Some good god drat games in this week....

if the refs dont gently caress em up

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's the point in paying people millions of dollars and taxpayers paying billions of dollars if it all gets hosed up anyway by part-timers

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
What percentage of Lions losses since 2011, the Lions' first playoff season, do you think had a refereeing controversy that went against Detroit?

40%? 50%? 75%?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Athanatos posted:

No poll with all the options being "Yes, the Lions got hosed" ??

Very Sad.

:effort:

Much like the Lion's offense HEYO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AsInHowe posted:

What percentage of Lions losses since 2011, the Lions' first playoff season, do you think had a refereeing controversy that went against Detroit?

40%? 50%? 75%?

40% is high but it's regularly a game a season for the past several years, and always an important one. The Atlanta game in 2015(?) and the Texans Thanksgiving game immediately jump to mind.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm gonna buy a Ferrari and throw a used Buick LaCrosse engine under the hood brb

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

the spirit of calvin johnson lives on through this loss

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

iospace posted:

:effort:

Much like the Lion's offense HEYO

N: The Packers receivers combined for 7+ drops, a lost fumble, and were the cause of an interception.

V: The only reason the Lions even had a chance was because the Packers receivers were conspiring to throw the game because you have to be trying to be so bad.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals sniffing at 3-3-1 is cool

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Lmao at all the pea brains who cry about the refs helping the Packers when literally 2 weeks ago the Eagles benefitted from two horseshit calls one of which actually decided the game. "Bad calls happen"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C-Euro posted:

40% is high but it's regularly a game a season for the past several years, and always an important one. The Atlanta game in 2015(?) and the Texans Thanksgiving game immediately jump to mind.

Gotta factor in two controversies in two losses this year, and three playoff losses with ref controversies.

The Lions' postgame show is openly speculating that the league is rigging games against the Loins for not being a big enough name of a team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Lmao at all the pea brains who cry about the refs helping the Packers when literally 2 weeks ago the Eagles benefitted from two horseshit calls one of which actually decided the game. "Bad calls happen"

Yes, but the Eagles Deserve It and the Packers Do Not.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Maybe the refs wouldn't hate your team if your head coach hadn't gangraped someone that one time. :smug:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I think Jimmy Graham's career slide started with the Saints/Patriots game in 2013 where Aqib Talib mugged him every play and the NFL realized he was a giant bitch if you put tight coverage on him. The fact that he's still in the league six years later is laughable

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
To suggest that jobbing games is about team favoritism and not money is just asinine.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Literally the KHL is rigged and yet people think American sports, the Pinnacle of capitalism, isn't corrupt.

Yeah, okay.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lions got hosed real hard there.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Pride was rigged

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Texans and Colts this week is gonna be good.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

To suggest that jobbing games is about team favoritism and not money is just asinine.

turns out certain teams make more money which means they favor certain teams.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

The NFCE being the clowncar it is flies in the face of this theory though

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

really queer Christmas posted:

And yet, the Dallas Cowboys haven't made a Super Bowl since 1996

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I don't know if I'd enjoy the NFL even 20% as much without TFF

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

We’re just too terrible to bail out with :flag:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

You can only do so much at a certain point.

Also, they've never made it past the divisional since then, because America's Team™

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Texans and Colts this week is gonna be good.

Texans missing their RT and their only good CB, both out for at least a month. I'm worried

On the other hand I just hit up a nearby 24 hour taco truck so all my worries are melting away

e: I need to learn how to make barbacoa

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 15, 2019

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

razorscooter posted:

You can only do so much at a certain point.

Also, they've never made it past the divisional since then, because America's Team™

America's team... havent been poo poo since the mid-90s. Checks out.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

Theres only so much you can do to stop Jerry Jone's influence.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
"Rich teams pay the refs" is such a lazy and boring story, the NFL is definitely some elaborate and rigged after market billion dollar gambling ring with real time moving lines on a play by play basis

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

AsInHowe posted:

Trust me, the refs tried to give the game away to the Cowboys, last week against GB and this week against the Jets.

The Cowboys are just too bad! They keep putting people like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore in charge of things!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills, bitch is back on the clock

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

LabyaMynora posted:

Trust me, the refs tried to give the game away to the Cowboys, last week against GB and this week against the Jets.

I actually forgot how bad the officiating was in last week's Cowboys Packers and the 7 penalties in a row in yesterday's game because I'm hung up on how loving bad it was tonight as well. Christ that was a loving mess too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I actually forgot how bad the officiating was in last week's Cowboys Packers and the 7 penalties in a row in yesterday's game because I'm hung up on how loving bad it was tonight as well. Christ that was a loving mess too.

Refs bad. Goodell and Kraft are involved with the Russian state sanctioned mafia. The NFL has their fingers in international gambling through shell corporations. And probably human sex trafficking to, because why not?