Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

Refs bad. Goodell and Kraft are involved with the Russian state sanctioned mafia. The NFL has their fingers in international gambling through shell corporations. And probably human sex trafficking to, because why not?

Lol at the idea of a sport league betting on its own games and rigging them to make money

That's both genius and the most evil thing I've considered in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Just make every play reviewable via challenge flag and get rid of the two minute bullshit. What the gently caress is the reason for not doing this?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Just make every play reviewable via challenge flag and get rid of the two minute bullshit. What the gently caress is the reason for not doing this?

because challenge flags are stupid and 1 man is in charge of all reviews and obviously doesn't give a single gently caress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It would slow the game to a crawl and people would still get mad if judgment calls went against them

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
lol, Like the game isn't a crawl

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ELO Musk posted:

Lol at the idea of a sport league betting on its own games and rigging them to make money

That's both genius and the most evil thing I've considered in a long time

Traditionally, the NFL didn't want anything to do with Las Vegas because of the appearance of impropriety. Now they're moving a team there.

Also, they're letting Draft Kings use all kind of licensed poo poo. Why? Because they're investors through various shell corporations, I bet.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

LabyaMynora posted:

Traditionally, the NFL didn't want anything to do with Las Vegas because of the appearance of impropriety. Now they're moving a team there.

Also, they're letting Draft Kings use all kind of licensed poo poo. Why? Because they're investors through various shell corporations, I bet.

They are investors (through various owners).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad I'll never have to think about how weird it would be to see the Lions or Browns win a championship, because neither will ever come close to happening in my lifetime

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1183959116856938497

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The league will fold long before most of us die

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Pace wouldn't change and judgement calls that are the result of a review are better than judgement calls that are the result of a few refs on the field trying to watch like 5 matchups at minimum per snap

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

sweet thursday posted:

I don't know if I'd enjoy the NFL even 20% as much without TFF

i'd barely pay attention. i didnt even watch the game tonight, clearly didnt miss anything

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ClayMatthews52/status/1183972561442369536

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That's a paddlin'

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

nerve posted:

i'd barely pay attention. i didnt even watch the game tonight, clearly didnt miss anything

You missed a football game that was neck-to-neck for like 3/4ths of the game and went down to the wire for a last-minute field goal victory

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Al Riveron will never overturn a penalty

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The NFL could just flip a coin for reviews since challenges result in something like 40 to 50% reversals anyway. Automate it for every penalty and problem solved!

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 15, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the sky judge would fix everything

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints vs. Bears is gonna be the kind of game you dont watch unless gross offensive incompetence makes you aroused

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad they murdered jeffry epstein in a jail cell instead of murdering him with cte on a football field

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

sweet thursday posted:

without TFF I wouldn't watch football anymore

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love how the first few weeks of the season the narrative was whether the Packers could survive with a not so normal looking Aaron Rodgers but an improved (to varying degrees) defense. gently caress, even when they don't have either of those things the Packers found a way to be 5 and loving 1.

Lions definitely got hosed, though.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

sweet thursday posted:

I haven't watched a complete NFL game in years and yet I always lurk the N/V and Aftermath threads religiously.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guess I'm waking up early on Sunday.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Barudak posted:

Saints vs. Bears is gonna be the kind of game you dont watch unless gross offensive incompetence makes you aroused

The Saints backup vs the platonic Saints backup

nah
Mar 16, 2009

lol yes let's slow the game down even more only to have the ref not overturn the lovely penalty anyway. There need to be way less challenges and penalties, not more

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The substance of the calls notwithstanding, the volume of flags makes games unwatchable. I think the refs threw flags on 7 (!!) straight plays in the last several minutes of Jets-Cowboys. It’s absurd.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Edit: double post my bad

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I feel like they also call back roughly 70% of long runs based on holding that occurred either away from the play, or was committed by a wide receiver blocking downfield.

They ignore most instances of defensive ends being dragged down by their neck, however.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

There must be a German word for the expectation that every single big play will be called back and the sense of confusion when there isn't a flag thrown on any deep pass

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Barudak posted:

I mean, we already post here, so hell yeah.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
All plays should be reviewable.

Coaches should not lose timeouts for unsuccessful challenges.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bigass Moth posted:

All plays should be reviewable.

Coaches should not lose timeouts for unsuccessful challenges.

NHL has unlimited challenges, you just get a 2 minute bench minor if you lose.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

What is the point of adding more reviews that will only slow the game down more AND not be correct

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

nah posted:

lol yes let's slow the game down even more only to have the ref not overturn the lovely penalty anyway. There need to be way less challenges and penalties, not more

how would it slow down the game to give teams the same number of challenges and timeouts lol

nah
Mar 16, 2009

You're right, I read your post wrong

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

Literally the KHL is rigged and yet people think American sports, the Pinnacle of capitalism, isn't corrupt.

Yeah, okay.

I'm here for the long overdue KHL takes.

They are, in fact, literally rigged.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No refs, no rules.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1184088139180269574

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Professor Funk posted:

The substance of the calls notwithstanding, the volume of flags makes games unwatchable. I think the refs threw flags on 7 (!!) straight plays in the last several minutes of Jets-Cowboys. It’s absurd.

On Redzone they were double-boxed between that and another late window game and they were just going back and forth with penalties in both games. It was honestly pretty depressing.

e: why is offensive holding a 10 yard penalty? It seems like it kills a fair number of drives. 5 to match defensive holding seems fair, but get rid of the auto first down on defensive as well.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 15, 2019