Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Conley was gonna be benched for rookies. Glad they got value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

wandler20 posted:

I'd wear a fanny pack around all day every day if it was filled with warm, crispy tendies.

No way they’re gonna stay crispy while they steam up your fanny pack

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DeimosRising posted:

No way they’re gonna stay crispy while they steam up your fanny pack

It would obviously be a magical fanny pack in which they're always there, ready to be eaten.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

I'm sure it's just something embarrassingly dumb and basic like the "Balls Deep" that exists in every fantasy / rec softball / etc league ever.

Well in my mind I was making a Big Dick Energy reference but it might be too obscure

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

OxySnake posted:

Edit: Also

From PFTC Twitter

Possibly NWS

Lol that half the twitter thread is people getting horny asking who the actresses are but no one will help them out

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DeimosRising posted:

Lol that half the twitter thread is people getting horny asking who the actresses are but no one will help them out

Wish I was the falcons lady

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Winston's a different story. Dude loving loves not protecting the ball. We knew coming out of college he'd have to change how he played or fizzle out, and he never changed, but the Buccaneers didn't cut bait because he'd throw a dozen balls to Mike Evans for 150 yards which was great except that it'd also come with 3 ints and fumbles.

Should've realized he wasn't going to change after the 20th game like that and prepared to move on.

In general NFL teams have a lot of trouble with sunk cost fallacy, and there's also the issue that people's jobs could be at risk if they admit they made a huge mistake on something like spending a first overall pick on a future franchise quarterback. That's one of the reasons I was surprised but pleased when the Cardinals decided to change direction after a year. They looked at what they had and decided they didn't want to go on like that. So far replacing Rosen with Murray has been a massive coup that a lot of teams would simply not be capable of doing.

Granted, the Cardinals had it easy because of a super underperforming first year coach and quarterback, but you have to wonder how many teams could've avoided seasons upon seasons of failure by admitting that they chose the wrong guy. I mean this whole Winston/Mariota thing has been four drat years in the making, and nearly the entire thing was just making excuses and being "hopeful" that things would get better. Instead of just hoping the guy gets better sometimes it's smart to actually do something about it and get a replacement?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Real Schiano Men energy here.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27896856/dolphins-punish-bobby-mccain-incident-bills-fans

quote:

Miami Dolphins safety Bobby McCain will be disciplined by the team for a verbal confrontation with a 13-year-old boy and for allegedly spitting in the face of another Bills fan following Miami's loss at Buffalo.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

After kliff I think a lot more teams should be cleaning house. It's not like keeping whatever bum rear end coach you have for a decade is going to make lincoln riley put your team on his shortlist anyways.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heckle the absolute poo poo out of athletic and violent men when theyre down and then get disappointed when they're not 'role models' ..pretty interesting stuff buffalo

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

He's paying homage to Bryan Cox, I respect it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1186114359908429824

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sounds like a Leon Searcy situation.

We will really need to trade for a pass rusher if this is the case.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man you don't need your arm to rush the passer, Ray would've sprayed some deer antler extract on it and kept playing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the Leon Searcy situation...of course

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Didn't Searcy get injured in like, training camp

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Searcy had a triceps injury in the first contact drills the Ravens did and then was out for a long time and the next time he could even practice the same thing happened again. I bet that's what will happen to McPhee too since it says significant. Although he got to play more.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kurt Loadeater posted:

heckle the absolute poo poo out of athletic and violent men when theyre down and then get disappointed when they're not 'role models' ..pretty interesting stuff buffalo

*giant man threatens and attempts to spit on literal child for PG banter*

Maybe it’s the toxic society we live in... makes you think....

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am somewhat doubting it was all PG poo poo coming from the fans in that area. Reading the article(s) about how shocked! and outraged! all these white people are sounds like every other situation I've seen these types feign it to cover up their embarassing behavior, but I could be wrong this time. Either way hope 13 year old boy learned a valuable lesson in not loving with people.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I read bills poo poo all day and you seem the most emotionally invested out of anyone op

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The kid was a Bills fan, he was probably hurling every expletive in the book while flipping double birds.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If you don't spit in the kid's face, what you're saying is that you don't consider him an equal and you won't spit in his face like a man. It's actually a grave insult in the Buffalo area to refuse to spit on someone's face

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So what is the dumpster fire of a thread in CD that talks about the trailer while asking about how the NFL games work?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*poo poo, play

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

So what is the dumpster fire of a thread in CD that talks about the trailer while asking about how the NFL games work?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837020&pagenumber=767#lastpost possibly this but I recognize a couple sportsknowers in it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Whatever happened to that Bills (?) OL coach that cursed out/hit/did something to some kids who like...sat in his chairs by the lake or something a few years ago?

The only thing I remember for sure about this story was his reaction was stupid over the top angry.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl.

I don't think Buffalo would ever, EVER stop partying.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl.

I don't think Buffalo would ever, EVER stop partying.

So many tables and buttholes would be ruined forever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If the Bills win the super bowl the city will truly become post racial

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If the Bills win the super bowl the city will truly become post racial

Ah, Toronto Southeast

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wrong thread

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Whatever happened to that Bills (?) OL coach that cursed out/hit/did something to some kids who like...sat in his chairs by the lake or something a few years ago?

The only thing I remember for sure about this story was his reaction was stupid over the top angry.

Aaron Kromer if anyone else was wondering. And yeah he punched a kid for sitting in beach chairs and threatened to kill his family. He's also the guy who anonymously said a bunch of poo poo about Jay Cutler when he was coaching with the Bears.

Now he's the OL coach/running game coordinator for the Rams, so he must be pretty good at coaching since he seems to be a shithead in general.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I swear to god BoB

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gatts posted:

Wrong thread

Lol dammit you're right

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

I swear to god BoB

I posted this before looking up a single thing about Conley because I KNEW it was some desperate horseshit and looking it up hasn't helped any

quote:

Conley struggled elsewhere during the Packers game and hasn't been good in 2019. As the closest defender in coverage, the NFL's Next Gen Stats suggest the Ohio State product has allowed opposing quarterbacks to go 21-of-29 for 389 yards with five touchdowns against a lone pick this season. That's a 139.7 passer rating. The only cornerback who has been targeted at least 20 times who has given up more yards per attempt than Conley's 13.4 yards per throw is the Chargers' Desmond King.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Across the first three rounds of the next two NFL drafts, the Texans have just two selections: their second-round pick in 2019 and their third-round pick in 2020.

On the bright side I have a lot of free time on draft weekend the next two years!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On the bright side I have a lot of free time on draft weekend the next two years!

Don't you want to tune in to see how your team picks a scrub who will be cut before the season?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Meanwhile Eric DeCosta just cut a special teams ace to save a 4th rounder. You'd think at some point someone would pay attention to what makes successful teams successful.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Don't you want to tune in to see how your team picks a scrub who will be cut before the season?

with what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seems valuable

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1186366292468686848