Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Good bye Marcus Peters, you weren't very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow, what happened to Peters? I knew he was a head case but always had the rep as a shut down corner.

Rams lose Talib and Peters in a week, not ideal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So Peters got old and the Rams basically traded him as a salary dump it sounds like?

Oh Marcus Peters is 26? lol, nevermind.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Wow, what happened to Peters? I knew he was a head case but always had the rep as a shut down corner.

Rams lose Talib and Peters in a week, not ideal.

He hasn't been a head case or a shut down corner since coming to the Rams. He okay playing zone but gets burned over and over when having to play man coverage. He also can't tackle.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Even at his best he wasn't really a shut down corner so much as he was a playmaker. He'd get beat, then he'd come back with a pick 6 or (when he cared enough) a strip.

I think he had some nagging injuries and possibly he's been gameplanned out of the turnovers, since he made a lot of them by ignoring his assignment and jumping routes. That or Wade got him to stop leaving his assignment so paradoxically he's less dangerous, one or the other.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s possible the lone thing Bob Sutton did well was utilize Peters strengths

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I would imagine the Rams have another moved lined up, unless they feel strongly about David Long, the rookie, starting

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DariusLikewise posted:

I would imagine the Rams have another moved lined up, unless they feel strongly about David Long, the rookie, starting

You can have a lightly used Vernon Hargreaves for like a light bulb or something.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did Austin Corbett ever play a snap for Cleveland?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Patriots suspended Michael Bennett

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Browns OL sucks rear end so this guy must be REAL bad / Rams very desperate if Cleveland is willing to part with him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s possible the lone thing Bob Sutton did well was utilize Peters strengths
Oddly enough, they both still have a job in KC if Peters could keep it together emotionally.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Patriots suspended Michael Bennett

He has Adalius Thomas Syndrome.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good to hear that Bennet hasn't gone full Foxborough Wife as a Patriot. Excellent news about Marcus Peters being a Raven. It's still 2016 right?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Is Marcus Peters supposed to be good? How come we got him for an LB that we don't even use. I wouldn't get my hopes up. And we already have communication problems in the secondary so I don't think he'll fix that. Best I'm hoping for is a guy who's not horrid in one-on-one matchups but I expect we will still struggle unless we get a guy who can consistently beat blocking and make pressures.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Docjowles posted:

Browns OL sucks rear end so this guy must be REAL bad / Rams very desperate if Cleveland is willing to part with him.

He was a strange pick anyway because we at the time had two good guards and a good center. Then we traded one of the guards.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Marcus Peters got kicked off of UW his senior year, despite being one of the best corners in college football. Like you really have to make someone hate you to do that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Counterpoint: College football coaches are stupid tyrants.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

normally i would agree with you but considering marcus peters got kicked off the team for physically choking his coach i'm gonna say maybe this was a good move

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I wont dispute that. However he did get personal foul calls on the sidelines and there was rumors he choked a coach (Peters denies this). Dude's always been a hothead.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Alaois posted:

normally i would agree with you but considering marcus peters got kicked off the team for physically choking his coach i'm gonna say maybe this was a good move

Him and Harbaugh will get along well I'm sure.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like a weird fit for Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1184213437770952704

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Our corners have been blowing assignments anyway, so might as well use someone who can get picks while they do that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://twitter.com/sdoerschukREP/status/1184212898098372610?s=20

Pretty reliable Browns scoopsman.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Him and Earl might work well together. Or not? I dunno.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Ice cold move by Washington. drat

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I too use NFL watching as a way to add-on to my TFF reading and my Around the NFL podcast listening.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

This has become less true. The complexity of the defense wasn't working out for our bad defenders or taking advantage of our actually good defensive players so its been dropped off substantially. Humphrey now shadows the opponent's WR1 and Earl Thomas plays deep instead of shifiting off backfield duties with the SS. Also, our communication improved a lot last week after a bright back up safety, Chuck Clark, took over for the injured and overpaid Tony Jefferson.

The weirdest thing is about this trade is that Baltimore has two solid press man CBs, which you'd think is where you would play Peters, in Humphrey and Jimmy Smith, who should be coming back from his week 1 knee injury this week or the next game after the bye.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Peters wasn't even good at this though. On paper he should have worked perfectly, Wade Phillips basically just lets his players improvise as much as they want and the Rams have had the highest pressure rates and quarterbacks have the shortest time to throw against them so he should have been an INT machine. He's probably going to be better with structure again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He does have 2 ints this year. That's pretty good, just doesn't seem worth all the gently caress ups.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

how did the Patriots not offer more?!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

how did the Patriots not offer more?!

Cause they have a guy coming back from IR - hopefully.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We're pretty familiar with having a massively talented improvising db at least. Regardless, Kenny young wasn't doing anything and it's only a 10 game commitment so why not kick the tires

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cause they have a guy coming back from IR - hopefully.

if that happens, move Wynn to the right side and Williams can play at left.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Don’t team get a maximum of 2 guys off IR? You know Bill is saving one of those slots for his fullback so flip a coin on Wynn it NKeal Harry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Don’t team get a maximum of 2 guys off IR? You know Bill is saving one of those slots for his fullback so flip a coin on Wynn it NKeal Harry.

Harry is already back at practice so he’s going to be activated unless he just sucks.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1184253415607717888

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo that’s a haul.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Well suddenly sans Peter's makes a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Do the Rams think it's their secondarys fault goff sucks