Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

Literally the KHL is rigged and yet people think American sports, the Pinnacle of capitalism, isn't corrupt.

Yeah, okay.

I'm here for the long overdue KHL takes.

They are, in fact, literally rigged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Guze posted:

Getting rid of the first means theres no reason not to hold on 3rd downs longer than 5 yards.

Other than giving a free down with less yardage, like it only works for so long. I'd be cool with upping defensive holding to 10 yards without the free first down to make it about the same.

We're just imagining things either way here because there's no way that's on the competition committee's radar.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

In a world where Bortles and all the other aggressively bad backups exist, Mariota is a valued backup, who's probably gonna be making Bridgewater money for the next decade.

I'd imagine there will be several places where he's too good to sign as a backup because the fans would immediately want him to start.

Like imagine if he was in Chicago this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Be interesting to see the return there. The shine is definitely off Peters the last couple of years but man was he a gamechanger early on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Wow, what happened to Peters? I knew he was a head case but always had the rep as a shut down corner.

Even at his best he wasn't really a shut down corner so much as he was a playmaker. He'd get beat, then he'd come back with a pick 6 or (when he cared enough) a strip.

I think he had some nagging injuries and possibly he's been gameplanned out of the turnovers, since he made a lot of them by ignoring his assignment and jumping routes. That or Wade got him to stop leaving his assignment so paradoxically he's less dangerous, one or the other.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thought that might be coming.

Godspeed Rams, I'm not entirely sure I'd want to make that trade but I definitely wanted Ramsey.

e: quoted news for new page

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

How good is Jalen Ramsey to ye olde stud corners like champ bailey, revis or nmadi?

Up there somewhere when things are right? Revis was better at his best is all I'm willing to say. Well and he'll have to play forever to match Champ.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Oh wow. I haven't really ever watched Jalen play so didn't realize he was that good

I might be overstating him some because I really wanted him. But he's the best corner in the game right now if he cares.

He does have to care though. And he's willing to be a problem when he doesn't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Nice career, Alex.

Career's not over until he says it is, which I hope will happen after he gets every last dollar of that contract out of Snyder.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Another reason college football is superior. One game sucks I can switch to the next.

It won't happen because the networks would never get together on it, but a college football red zone would be absolutely amazing.

ESPN has goalline I guess but that only get the games ESPN has the rights to.

Like, I want a channel that will automatically take me away from some Big 10 game and show me New Mexico/New Mexico State when something funny is about to happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kendall Fuller is out tomorrow and Bashaud Breeland is likely to be out with some personal matter I guess? He's not injured but might not be playing.

The Chiefs might play with 3 dressed corners. Luckily that position is really deep and there's no reason to...ah gently caress it, Elite Joe Flacco back in business.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thankfully the actual article is from 1996. I was thinking someone might have drafted Jordan McNair from Maryland or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Three extra hours of tailgating every Sunday

not bad idea

The only people who I can even imagine complaining is some family that lives in Omaha and drives down every week worrying about getting back home. It's the easiest thing to do and no one would care.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I even care about that when I look back at stats from before I was born! OJ, aside from being a murderer, was transcendent on the field. I mean, the murdering thing is more important in the end though.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody blinked when Baker broke the rookie TD record last year. Nobody cares about record books.

I care.

I actually do, which probably explains a lot about me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

that chargers and ldt team losing to the patriots is still one of the most wtf playoff things i can remember.

If we're thinking of the same one (of course we are) only Marty. Marty is the only person possible who ever lived that was able to lose a playoff game on a play where his team intercepted a pass.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1184643751463010304

Good for him, awesome story even if he's on the Raiders.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vengarr posted:

In case you need to strip one for spare parts.

They're the F22s of the football world. Very good at what they do, very MAGA, they didn't make enough of them and now you need three to keep one running.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Going by the last few weeks he'll look awesome, then get dinged, then look like a normal qb.

The ankle ain't right for sure, he was hobbled Sunday and there hasn't been enough time to actually heal.

e: Like he never gets to the point of actually sucking, but he's noticeably worse when he can't move.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 18, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kansas brought in Les Miles and their defense is better. Their problem is they're Kansas and even if it sorta works and Les is a great recruiter he's not going to outrecruit Texas.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Why did this have to happen, Grit? Why did this have to happen to football

The funny/lovely thing is it's just a total freak thing and was unrelated to his ankle issue and we see Brady run QB sneaks at like 52 or however old he is with no problem ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PupsOfWar posted:

is mahomes the only qb to ever get injured on a qb sneak

I'm sure he's not but it's pretty rare, and even rarer to have this type of injury I'd think. Like you could see a concussion or maybe shoulder injury being possible. When he was first lying on the ground on top of his center who did a good job not moving I thought maybe one of the Broncos had pulled a Burfict on him and twisted his bad ankle or something.

Didn't expect that his kneecap had shifted three inches to the right.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 18, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MJeff posted:

Of course the Lions are the only NFCN team to have to face a healthy Mahomes. :mad:

He wasn't even healthy then! Well healthier at least.

Yeah Green Bay and Minnesota as long as Dalvin Cook stays upright should be losses for KC And now I'm done even thinking about this because if he's out for the year or longer which is still a significant possibility it's just...like roll with Matt Moore because the only thing you might do is spoil the Raiders season. Or the Chargers if they get healthy.

e: In other news it's the morning after I saw my quarterback's kneecap on the side of his leg and I am still sad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--has a special place in my heart

mastershakeman posted:

Who is the last white RB to be actually good, let alone great? Peyton hillis wasn't really any good, before him it's ?? ??? Craig James?

He wasn't actually good but I always remember Travis Jervey in these conversations. He did make a pro bowl once looking him up.

Actual answer is probably John Riggins? Depending on how you feel about Mike Alstott I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ELO Musk posted:

Mike Vick was first overall and was only one inch taller though, was anything shorter than 6’ at all straight cancer?

I remember when Chase Daniel was going through the draft process he said the best thing he accomplished was measuring at 6' flat. I mean, it didn't get him drafted, but it was definitely something that went around all the damned time and presumably still does in a lot of front offices.

There are a lot of dumb things lifelong football guys believe.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MoaM posted:

What is the...actually reasoning for these fines, lol.

You're just not supposed to talk about the refs because otherwise everyone would talk about nothing else.

I guess it makes some sense because even in relatively well officiated games coaches and players can find something to complain about. But we're not talking about relatively well officiated games this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Larch posted:

Where do you find gameday rosters?

Like for past games? PFR has starters and snap counts (and all the stats obviously), but not rosters exactly.

e: here's the Pats/KC in the regular season last year, scroll down to just before the play by play section. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, like you won't be able to tell who the backup quarterbacks were for instance.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 20, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Larch posted:

Thanks, but I mean 46 man rosters for the current week. My Google skills have turned to poo poo I guess. Seems like it should be an easy thing to find.

Those usually aren't set until right before kickoff. Whatever team's SBNation page usually has it, or someone on twitter. I guess I usually get the inactives from twitter these days but you have to like, use twitter and follow reporters who would tweet that. Which I'd completely understand if you don't want to do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185779531711504384

Good/bad news for the Bears.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1185921142349058053

This is insanity, take a few weeks man.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is Burrow doing differently than last year? It can't just be LSU running a modern offense for the first time ever

Not on this level (or at least against this competition) but Jeff Driskel went from utter trash to pretty awesome getting into a different offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

i will never be happy

Remember Kawhi and also the Ducks getting rid of gently caress Corey Perry in the hard times.

The hard times are generally when the Chargers are on the field collecting injuries and bad losses.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Whatever happened to that Bills (?) OL coach that cursed out/hit/did something to some kids who like...sat in his chairs by the lake or something a few years ago?

The only thing I remember for sure about this story was his reaction was stupid over the top angry.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Whatever happened to that Bills (?) OL coach that cursed out/hit/did something to some kids who like...sat in his chairs by the lake or something a few years ago?

The only thing I remember for sure about this story was his reaction was stupid over the top angry.

Aaron Kromer if anyone else was wondering. And yeah he punched a kid for sitting in beach chairs and threatened to kill his family. He's also the guy who anonymously said a bunch of poo poo about Jay Cutler when he was coaching with the Bears.

Now he's the OL coach/running game coordinator for the Rams, so he must be pretty good at coaching since he seems to be a shithead in general.