Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
While I'm not really paying as much attention as I should to this conversation as I should before I jump in, it seems that the working class could be most broadly defined as the non-capitalist class, that is, those whose income comes from their wealth.

Now, obviously people who work own homes, and stocks and cars and what not, but what really matters is whether that capital grows in comparison to inflation. If it is higher, then they will inevitably approach the bourgeoisie so long as that remains so. For all capital with returns lower than inflation, it will inevitably lose value until a sudden expense takes it from the owner of it entirely.

As the returning capital of the middle class (pensions, social security, and any other public assets which help them) lessens due to being raided by the rich, the less they will have in common with the rich. The discontent with capitalism will only grow so long as capitalists continue to distance more of the population from their lifestyle.

They could probably go on forever if they were cautious enough to give people a bone or two every once and a while, and not take what they've already given, but that would go against their very nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Sure, if you can hand them some scraps to keep them placated. Does it seem like that is the case though?

Edit: I mean, racism doesn't put food in your stomach, and the spoils of exploitation of a disliked class of people Garner's less substinance every decade, and what it does provide is more and more taken by the wealthy. Not even fascism can stop the rate of profits tendancy to fall.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 27, 2019

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I don't see why you would say it doesn't fit, considering anyone whose capital does not grow while providing their income isnt really much of a capitalist.

As far as who or how people will organize, I'd say I don't know, but that the current organizations won't last in their current form. Good or bad, change will come, as will new kings.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 27, 2019