Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Helsing posted:

It's too bad this thread hasn't generated more activity but I think it might benefit from more engagement with the politics of 2019. What kind of lesson or action plan are you thinking can be derived from this?

I have to be honest. Seeing you making these references to critiques of political moderation is a bit hard to square with your enduring affection for Obama and your support for Pete Buttigieg in the Democratic primary.

It takes time for us to break away from our lives to read through and effort post back. I know that these threads are difficult to respond to timely, and I know I might respond in the necessary order as Brandor is going through it. I intend to participate. I think Brandor understands that and will be patient.

I hope everyone else applies the same. I think considering beliefs in the frame of reference in time is super important to know what a particular response. Philosophy and Religion can debate the meaning in current time or a former as the frame of reference can be unmoored from a fact based structure. Science has a harder time with that particular conundrum. With politics now taking statistics into count with increasing predictability it might be good to consider our personal beliefs as side cases in these discussions. I think Brandor is working in good faith. Even if I disagree with reasons he may believe something.

I might be discussing a irrelevant topic. But I find this thread very interesting. I have alot of reading to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Defining the difference between reactionary groups is interesting. Fascist using authority in the capitalistic(rational) system to rationize the myth of blood and soil, vs tradionalists who just use the myths as the rationale. Capitalism is at first hlance suppose to be a rational system but anyone who has done any reading on the subject knows the market and individual are anything but.

The implication of love vs social norms seems sound. A just society(one I consider just) allows love to coexist with social norms. The measure of that injustice is the existence of conservative ideology itself in positions to exert authority to define those social norms.

Good start I think.