Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Reznor posted:

Is it a useful distinction? I think the store manager of a McDonald's is more like a worker than the owner. Yes they can hire or fire, but they also have to worry about being hired and fired. I think in most cases though their bugging and firing power comes from upstairs more than their discression. Further to my knowledge most lower management types are paid salary and not in a profit shared manner. So in a real way they have similar lived experiences being constrained by forces out of their control.

Chain dollar store managers get hosed harder than anyone else in the company because they're put on the exact minimum salary to be labeled overtime-exempt (455/wk IIRC) and then expected to stock and unload trucks alone 60+hrs/wk.

Not to mention that when my mom was doing thia back in 2000 the company was too cheap to pop for armed car service or a safe at a $3mm/yr gross store so they just had her making cash bank deposits by herself at 11:00 every loving night

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

y'all are overcomplicating this nobody needs to navigate dozens of marvel flicks searching for analogy, everybody knows The Lion King.

Worker, you've been trained to hide yourself in carefree escapism and holding yourself down with a lie that's been sold to you, meanwhile the forces of greed lead your kingdom to ruin.

Seize the means of production, Simba.