Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Trubisky couldn't make these throws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So is Elway done after this season?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

the broncos are v. bad

But THIS bad though?

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
put in brandon allen

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

i dont like when hill smiles

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Hell, put me in.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just had a spam caller hit me up. I ended up making small talk about football with him. He said he was a Broncos fan (which don’t exist so that’s just part of the scam), so I told him the Broncos haven’t been good since they won the Super Bowl and got clowned the year before.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But THIS bad though?

I've watched a few of their games this season and am wholly unsurprised as to what's happening here

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

Eagerly awaiting every talking head saying they should've known they could win and sat Mahomes for the game with that ankle injury.

Kevin Clark from the ringer at least was saying this earlier this week fwiw. Just the point being if you skipped this probably very winnable game he'd get 2 weeks rest.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Why in the poo poo is The Simpsons still on?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

the goodwill from when they were actually good

was mahomes in kindergarden the last time they were good

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Matt Moore will lead the chiefs to a superbowl victory big dick Nick style

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

That was literally 20 years ago though. :stare:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

How are there any new plot lines left? Every combination of “(character) does (thing) with (character 2)” has to have been done by now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

That Moore is also going to hurt his knee on a sneak and Anthony Sherman will throw for three touchdowns.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vertical Lime posted:

I really wanna see the inside of the writer's room there now. What the hell do they even talk about?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

Funny you mention big dick nick ...

if the chiefs had cap room he's probably very available!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Lol the sideline reporter saying there's all these rumors on Twitter but no official word, like they don't wanna repeat rumors

Then Joe Buck just comes out like yeah Twitter is saying dislocated kneecap

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want to see our short fat heavily muscled fullback Anthony Sherman play QB for the rest of the game , save Matt Moore for the GB game

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

How are there any new plot lines left? Every combination of “(character) does (thing) with (character 2)” has to have been done by now.

Yeah, I was just talking to my brother-in-law about this. Half the episodes are just Homer or getting a new part time job, Bart being told he needs to shape up or something terrible happened, some variant of Lisa having her gifts wasted, and Marge getting work outside then house or a boob job or something.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

LeSean McCoy is still doing stuff, so that’s at least one positive for this game.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah, I was just talking to my brother-in-law about this. Half the episodes are just Homer or getting a new part time job, Bart being told he needs to shape up or something terrible happened, some variant of Lisa having her gifts wasted, and Marge getting work outside then house or a boob job or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBmKQpZ02k

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

You know how right now you're watching a team that acknowledges they're a shell of their former self, completely dismantled and broken, and nowhere near the success they had even recently, but they just don't have it in them to tell Elway to gently caress off?

Replace "team" with "show", and "they just don't have it in them to tell Elway to gently caress off" with "Groening's desire to just retire to a farm or beach house somewhere isn't as strong yet as Fox's desire to send him more truckloads of money every time he tells them this is his last season", and you have The Simpsons 2019 instead of Denver Broncos 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Going to wikipedia, pick a random season in the 20's and any episode and start reading the synopsis and your ears will start bleeding.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seven sacks, 3 or 4 batted passes. I feel like the Broncos O Line might not be good.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

when troy aikman is trashing you, as a qb, it's time to hang it up

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
"Joe Flacco has to be a leader"

as his pass was batted down.

Joe Flacco's lack of leadership caused that ball to get knocked out of the air.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This offense offends me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Quiet Feet posted:

I imagine that in the writers' room there's also a list of celebrity guest-stars lined up for the season that they have to work into the script somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Seven sacks, 3 or 4 batted passes. I feel like the Broncos O Line might not be good.

Oh and fumbles all over the place.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

The whole Broncos operation is very lackadaisical

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

You know how right now you're watching a team that acknowledges they're a shell of their former self, completely dismantled and broken, and nowhere near the success they had even recently, but they just don't have it in them to tell Elway to gently caress off?

Replace "team" with "show", and "they just don't have it in them to tell Elway to gently caress off" with "Groening's desire to just retire to a farm or beach house somewhere isn't as strong yet as Fox's desire to send him more truckloads of money every time he tells them this is his last season", and you have The Simpsons 2019 instead of Denver Broncos 2019

Matt Groening has another show that kind of sucks now too so I dunno what metaphor Disenchantment is for an NFL team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I imagine that in the writers' room there's also a list of celebrity guest-stars lined up for the season that they have to work into the script somehow.

Yeah, I stopped watching about a decade ago and I feel like that's all every episode was an excuse for.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
"Lethargic" is an excellent word to describe Joe Flacco, as is "lackadaisical". Not just tonight, but all season. I've never agreed so much with Troy Aikman.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Fire everyone involved in this offensive atrocity.

This is really loving awful against a defense that couldn't stop anyone first 5 weeks of the season

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Blolles

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
i know the titans are bad but how did the broncos win

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Disenchantment is... okay.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Bolles is such a mega bust my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
flacoo looks so insanely bad. yeah they've had some drops but flacco just looks like he doesn't give a poo poo