Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
About three months ago, my cat Piston had a blockage in his urethra. Fortunately we caught it in time, and $4000 later he’s back to his normal self. Two days ago, my cat Toast began showing the exact same symptoms. We took him to the kitty ER, and he wasn’t blocked, but had crystals in his urine. The doctor gave us muscle relaxers and painkillers for him, and both cats are now on the prescription diet. I just caught him in the litter box looking like he was trying and failing to urinate. He then came upstairs and ate food, so he’s not in any distress. But holy hell is it stressing me out!

The doctor said blockages were often caused by stress. With Piston, that made sense, because he’s always been high strung. But Toast is a very chill cat, and seems very happy most of the time. What is the latest research on why blockages occur? Am I just super unlucky to have two cats with this issue in so short a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU