Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

How the hell do they even get into space then

They punch it chewie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Would somebody get this big walking *[beep]* out of my *[beep]*

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Return of the Jedi is horned up from the floor up

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Max "Blue Torpedo" Reebo

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Rogue One is the best Disney star war but it still really drags in spots and wastes characters' potential

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Snarky droid is better than social justice droid at least

That character was shockingly bad and clumsily written. A smarter writer could write a strong b plot around the way droids are treated but this felt like a caricature of woke activists (but I sense it was v sincere and self congratulating)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

L3-37 is just perplexing as hell. I am honestly not certain if her actions and views were supposed to be inspiring or humorous. And that's not a backhanded "lol, can't tell parody from reality with those sjws!!!". I mean that I earnestly cannot determine if the authorial intent was that her fight for droid rights was something that the audience should find endearing and cheer for, or if it was all just wackiness played for laughs. I'm not even sure they knew.

Just a very bizarrely written character all around.

I bet the writers think the audience is really really dumb and will only understand entirely basic one-note characters. See also: how they did Donald Glover so wrong.