Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

they should go north of the border and spring the big man himself

let them pass, people. they're here for a noble cause. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bag em and tag em posted:

lmao wtf is this?

racism

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

bag em and tag em posted:

lmao wtf is this?

I'm just saying there's no reason to even have a border with a country so hosed up that a crime organization is stronger than the government

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

one of the entire purposes of the war on drugs is to create lucrative black markets that destabilize foreign governments

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Ultimate Doge posted:

I'm just saying there's no reason to even have a border with a country so hosed up that a crime organization is stronger than the government

yeah i agree we should abolish the border entirely

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

But we should definitely allow everyone from that country to come here whenever they want
hey bozo, these guys don't ask for permission to go where they want!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

you think your government is stronger? typical american arrogance

they don't need to do this in the U.S. because you're the customer

you think they haven't figured out how to flip border patrol agents? hahahahaha

this industry is worth billions

you build a wall, they go under, over it or around it (via the sea)... or through the front door

because all it takes is flipping one agent. not much different from how all it takes is one prison guard to flood una prisión con drogas

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Oct 18, 2019

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lol the CIA created those crime organizations to destabilize the border

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
poo poo's scary. family friends vacation in mexico and i cant believe it

Al! posted:

yeah i agree we should abolish the border entirely
this is what saudi arabia is doing to qatar with the salwa canal lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Relin posted:

poo poo's scary. family friends vacation in mexico and i cant believe it
are they vacationing in... culiacan?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i forget. some place that wasnt cartel controlled (yet) like some other resorts have become

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

there's a video that appears to have been taken down / tweet that appears to have been deleted where a heavily armed sicario enters a restaurant and surprisingly politely tells everybody to clear out and go hunker down somewhere safe in town because poo poo's about to get wack
haha odds are the guy's cousin was in there eating lunch. "oh thanks, cuz"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

I wonder where they got the weapons :thunk:

gracias obama

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US worked to strengthen those criminal organizations
http://world.time.com/2014/01/14/dea-boosted-mexican-drug-cartel/

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you literally wouldn't have any loving "cartels" in the first place without the war on drugs.

instead we'd have more corporations legally loving people over and ruining lives. HOly gently caress capitalism andthe usa are soo cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the border being totally permeable to drugs but impermeable to people fleeing the results of the war on drugs is a feature not a bug

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

This loving PAYDAY 2 Larp is off the chain

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Brock Samsonite posted:

This loving PAYDAY 2 Larp is off the chain

i mean, they've got the guns for it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukn-2FCsNzY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yld-r6V-4sg

Necrofiliate
Apr 3, 2011

C:\>YOURPOST.EXE
ERROR: 0x0BAD
Abort, Retry, Fail?:ovr:

Flowers For Algeria posted:

yet more proof that violent civil disobedience gets more results than non-violent civil disobedience

Gangs are the realization of local, decentralized, autonomous power.

We must arm the gangs more heavily.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7YRu_kegTc

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

God drat Mexican cartel music, in addition to literally all being the exact same song, has the lamest loving outfits

A historic fashion no no

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toxic Mental posted:

God drat Mexican cartel music, in addition to literally all being the exact same song, has the lamest loving outfits

A historic fashion no no

My mumu has all the freedom I need

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i saw a dude wearing an el komander t-shirt recently

staying out of that guy's way yessiree

Toxic Mental posted:

A historic fashion no no
you haven't seen fashion until you've seen a potbellied fiftysomething dude wearing a cowboy hat, boots, and an orange velour suit with a giant scorpion and the word DURANGO on the back

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i don't respect all this negative talk towards mexican fashion though. mexico is the only country in the world where german vampire-themed disco-goth bands can perform on television

i don't have a problem with bad taste. i like bad taste, especially refined bad taste. that frees people up while so many fuddy-duddies want to tighten people up. no taste is what i'm against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2x9u0eGdtM

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Y'all are forgetting Mexico's finest accomplishment in contemporary audio-visual art.

https://youtu.be/WniL0xrH-JQ

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

yeah it would suck to live in a country being run by criminals

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Solidarity with my cartel comrades hopefully one day soon they will be shaking hands with ice agents at the border

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

LMAO at the idea that the cartel think of themselves as the proletariat. This is a billionaire’s private army protecting his privilege.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i saw a dude wearing an el komander t-shirt recently

staying out of that guy's way yessiree

whewww he's trouble

i lived with a guy in Ciudad Valles of all places for a couple days. he was a beer distributor so we got to ride around to his dropoffs and he would tune the store tv to el komander each time

we were in zeta territory so i thought EK was associated with the zetas for years until i started googling

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Family Values posted:

LMAO at the idea that the cartel think of themselves as the proletariat. This is a billionaire’s private army protecting his privilege.

many people in sinaloa consider el chapo to be a modern-day robin hood. i understand what you're saying and i agree with it on principle, but that's not how it plays out on the ground and in propaganda

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

whewww he's trouble

i lived with a guy in Ciudad Valles of all places for a couple days. he was a beer distributor so we got to ride around to his dropoffs and he would tune the store tv to el komander each time

we were in zeta territory so i thought EK was associated with the zetas for years until i started googling
lol i said "el komander!" and he went "el komander?" like he was kinda pissed and offended like joe pesci in goodfellas. then it took a second for him to kinda get out of "i'm going to smash this guy" mode and kinda shrugged it off and smirked and gave a tug on his shirt. what can you say, i'm kind of a bad boy, but you knew that already

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i said "el komander!" and he went "el komander?" like he was kinda pissed and offended like joe pesci in goodfellas. then it took a second for him to kinda get out of "i'm going to smash this guy" mode and kinda shrugged it off and smirked and gave a tug on his shirt. what can you say, i'm kind of a bad boy, but you knew that already

i played an el komander song on a jukebox in veracruz i think and my friends dragged me out of there as fast as they could

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i played an el komander song on a jukebox in veracruz i think and my friends dragged me out of there as fast as they could
you're braver than i am. they would've added your body to the 20 the mata zetas dumped on the highway a few years ago

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its true mexican cartels are flumoxxed by our very successful and strong border under The Wall President

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

A historic fashion no no

Ban this sick filth

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you're braver than i am. they would've added your body to the 20 the mata zetas dumped on the highway a few years ago

Would have been better than tapering out as a pizza delivery driver

I have no idea what I'm doing here, but at least in mexico I'd have a story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

criminal organisations are often some of the most brutal capitalist enterprises around. even militant left organisations that decide to enter criminal smuggling/dealing operations often degenerate into non-political gangs

many people in sinaloa consider el chapo to be a modern-day robin hood. i understand what you're saying and i agree with it on principle, but that's not how it plays out on the ground and in propaganda

how do you think this happened? just by being local entities that can spread money around their heartlands in a way the central state might not?