Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Hello D&D, good morning, how are you? If you are like me you are probably feeling ground down by the existential stress we are experiencing right now because of the Trump Administration; so I thought it would be nice to have a calm little gathering place for our community to vent and find solace together.

I spent several years homeless in San Antonio, and during that time I attended Manny and varied services for the homeless. One of the very best things I saw it was a prayer circle/support group run every Wednesday night in the basement of a church. This circle always open with everyone going around the room and taking a moment or five to just share a little bit about their day.

So D&D, use this thread to just share a little bit about your day. It doesn't have to be good, doesn't have to be bad, it doesn't have to be inside. It doesn't even have to have a point, it just has to be a share. Something that's on your mind, something that you feel needs to get out of you at this moment. This is a place that isn't about judgement or arguing or any of the innumerable Grudge matches playing out in the various threads on this phone- this thread is about finding solace in community.

I'll go first.

I'm having a good morning so far. Last night was rough, I'll be honest it's really hard to keep finding hope and keep finding the will to fight. I woke up this morning feeling depressed and depleted.

On my walk out to 7-Eleven to get my morning coffee though, I saw school kids all standing along the street waiting for the bus. It was a gorgeous golden sunlit morning with fresh crisp air and the birds singing. and I was struck by the huge gap between my frustrated mood and my idyllic surroundings.

and I got to thinking

Maybe it's too late for me to ever feel the kind of optimism and excitement for the future that used to define my existence, but it's not too late for these children. And that's a reason to keep going on, that's a reason to fill my lungs with the fresh Mountain Air and spend a moment enjoying the bird song.

Maybe it's not enough to carry me all the way to the end of this, but it's enough to carry me to the end of the day- and for now that's a victory I can feel proud of.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU