Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
You know what, I'll give it a good faith showing.

Things could be going better. Didn't get the job at my old rotation site, even though I have a good reputation and working relationship with everyone there. Really regretting my choice of career but I did the "right thing" and worked very hard for a long time so no one can berate me for "getting an art degree" or whatever the usual "gently caress thou, hast mine" condescension is these days.

Grandfather died, so I drove the 300 miles home for the funeral. Missing the first shift I've had since July for it and I really don't mind, but the pharmacist that was originally working that day I took the shift from is up a creek because the scheduler WILL NOT help them find new coverage. What a great company.

Life is pretty stressful right now and I have several things I need to do but cannot, because money, so I guess I'm going to keep pushing for work and hope something happens. At least Saturday was interesting. Right after I got the news that my grandfather died I had to go in and play for a East Meets West gala event for the local Flying Tigers museum. Several acts from a Chinese political mission went on; dragon dancers, singers, and a gentleman playing a sanxian. Our blues/Louisiana jazz group finished the night with an hour long set and the Sanxian player really wanted to play Oh Susannah with us, so... we had a short jam session with a sanxian player who didn't speak English but really knew the hell out of Oh Susannah. Was invited to another gig 45 minutes away and I had nothing else to do, so out we went and continued to play until 1:45. Full night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Hey, thanks man. I might follow up with you in the next few weeks after I see how this next batch of applications go. I have 3 or so out with hospitals within an hour of my hometown, one with the Foreign Service, and one with the Naval Base pharmacy in Yokosuka, Japan. The Yokosuka base would be rad as hell because I've always wanted to visit Japan and it would be an opportunity to go see winter in Hokkaido before climate change kills it. The Japanese jazz and rock scenes are also super interesting, so opportunities there.

The leader of one of my bands who runs a recording studio out of his house needs help too; the label that's sponsoring one of our groups just dumped beaucoup dollars on him for studio upgrades and he'll need an alternate to help run it when he's out. With some luck I can put something resembling a living together soon.

Edit: I'm watching some friends of mine play at the local Irish Pub and the singer offered to sell me a refurbed Conn 8h trombone for ~half asking price which is nice. I needed a new tenor and I wouldn't mind the same horn Carl Fontana played.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 2, 2019