Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If you just want to see everything you could accomplish that by saving and reloading to get points back, even at the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sure, it's just a pain.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Just got my copy in the mail. No tracking number, and the NISAmerica store still says that the order is processing.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'm not even completely through the first free day and it's just so good so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

I'm not even completely through the first free day and it's just so good so far.

I have this constant goofy smile on my face when I play. It feels so good to be back in Zemuria.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I have Cold Steel 1 and 2 for PS3 and unfortunately never played them. I'm highly interested, but there was just always "another game" to get through first. My main question is: do the PS4 ports of 1/2 add a lot of stuff that makes it worth playing those versions instead, or should I just start with Cold Steel 1 on PS3?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 ports give you a bunch of items and accessories that were originally DLC and that's about it, but the most important thing is they add a speed up option.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Additionally, more content is voiced (in English).

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
My copy is finally in my hands. :D

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Edit: nm, I can't read

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Shop VA is always a bad idea. Noticed a few localization bugs (North Ambria is listed as Leman State in the library, so Leman State is listed twice. Something was referred to as both "yesterday" and "two weeks ago" in the same conversation....)

But other than that, I have been really pleased with everything.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The weirdest thing I've noticed so far is that what must be the "how many ?" prompt for cooking is in French for me. I don't know if it's because I have another save file that's in French (not the one I'm using right now) or because I set the game to French and then back to English but it's rather odd.

I have noticed a couple of typos here and there too but I'm not docking NISA points for that right now. Maybe they'll correct those later.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Wow Ash is a prick.

I love him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just learned that Rean is wearing Clark Kent glasses and he thinks they work.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nah, he's attempting the old "glasses make me look more mature" trick to try and appear more dignified as a professor, rather than trying to conceal his identity.

Onto the first free day now, and ahaha at "yeah, hope you played CS2 twice and got the hidden quest/plot" stuff already being front and center. Also, new long term goal is to prove to Altina that hats do not, in fact, provide any protection.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

Nah, he's attempting the old "glasses make me look more mature" trick to try and appear more dignified as a professor, rather than trying to conceal his identity.

That's what I thought at first, but then he specifically goes out of his way to wear them whenever he wants to be inconspicuous.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Haha, (technically chapter 1 spoilers)of course everyone gets custom giant mech versions of their regular weapons.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1186824433375174656

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I want to see those for Schmidt. (Is "punchably" a word?)

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

OddObserver posted:

I want to see those for Schmidt. (Is "punchably" a word?)

Schmidts VA uses that same smug tone for another character he voiced and i can't think of who.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Trails of Cold Steel III - oh boy it's time for a rean speech

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i know the game just came out this week in the states but is there already any of those guides that tell you where all the hidden sidequests are like there have been for every other cs game.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

I've only gotten through Chapter 1 but as far as I can tell the only thing you'd need a guide for is the usual book collectible that you get from talking to random npcs at random times. All sidequests, even hidden ones, are marked on the map.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Metroixer posted:

i know the game just came out this week in the states but is there already any of those guides that tell you where all the hidden sidequests are like there have been for every other cs game.

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough

I've been using this to make sure I don't miss anything so far but I'm still in chapter 1 and am ultimately hoping it's not missing anything.

Unrelated, am I going to miss anything of note by ignoring the card game or am I good to not give it my time?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Oh Snapple! posted:

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough

I've been using this to make sure I don't miss anything so far but I'm still in chapter 1 and am ultimately hoping it's not missing anything.

Unrelated, am I going to miss anything of note by ignoring the card game or am I good to not give it my time?

I think there's a Master Quartz tied to it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

There's a certain event that gets you more AP by using your own deck and winning for it rather than a premade one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

VM Protip: Buy and use Medic as your Master ASAP: She doesn't heal 2 HP, she gives +2 HP. This allows you to get better trades and churn down your opponents' board while you set up. Usually finishing by giving your fire archer those +3 attack buffs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Terper posted:

VM Protip: Buy and use Medic as your Master ASAP: She doesn't heal 2 HP, she gives +2 HP. This allows you to get better trades and churn down your opponents' board while you set up. Usually finishing by giving your fire archer those +3 attack buffs.

Why bother making good trades when you can just make a mega-buff ranger who deals trade-free damage every turn?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

'Cause sometimes they're all at the bottom of your deck and you need some time to prep.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It really seems like they're setting up Millium and Altina up to be front and center this time around. I like that. Millium was just kinda...there in 2, even though she ended up being my boss smasher. It's pretty clear they're a lot closer to the heart of the Erebonia arc than that.

Am I the only one having issues seeing the itty bitty numbers on the lower right of the battle screen?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The first couple of bosses are wrecking me hard, even on Normal. They're really happy to just tear you to pieces by chaining aoe attacks that do 60% of your health, and I don't have the spells or slots to really open up my options.

(CS2 trained me into pressing Rush every time, so I never have the BP at the start of a boss battle for orders.)

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Am I the only one having issues seeing the itty bitty numbers on the lower right of the battle screen?

I hate the battle UI too. So does my brother. Thankfully the rest of the game has me grinning like an idiot.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
cs3 seems pretty hard on hard, way more so than cs2 was, but it's this loving fishing sidequest which is demoralizing me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stelas posted:

The first couple of bosses are wrecking me hard, even on Normal. They're really happy to just tear you to pieces by chaining aoe attacks that do 60% of your health, and I don't have the spells or slots to really open up my options.

(CS2 trained me into pressing Rush every time, so I never have the BP at the start of a boss battle for orders.)

I've been finding that at the bare minimum the game expects you to be taking 50% damage at all times (which is easily arranged with Rean's Iron Will). Possibly less if you abuse Altina's Absolute Reflect ability.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also making some +1000 HP accessories with the poison prevention + U-mats helps a lot, in addition to the HP quartz.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Clarste posted:

I've been finding that at the bare minimum the game expects you to be taking 50% damage at all times (which is easily arranged with Rean's Iron Will). Possibly less if you abuse Altina's Absolute Reflect ability.

Yeah, pretty much. Trouble is I really love pressing triangle.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
The music is really different in this game compared to the first two. Kinda like the persona games.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Clarste posted:

Millium's reduces poo poo by 90%. So the boss I think they're talking about will hit you for 60 damage

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

You should constantly be using brave orders. Insane defense buffs, break damage increases, critical up, the effects are absurdly powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Logicblade posted:

You should constantly be using brave orders. Insane defense buffs, break damage increases, critical up, the effects are absurdly powerful.

Several turns of no-charge magic for only 2 points......