Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

jesus christ this release completely snuck up on me

this one's gonna be on the backburner for awhile while I wait for my wife to catch up. I got her hooked on the first two CS games and now she's partway through Sky SC. in the meantime I look forward to my youtube recommendations spamming me with spoiler thumbnails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just finished the big multi-party dungeon in chapter 4. how close am I to finishing this game? I'm like 80 hours in and it feels like the end is close, yet there's so many plot threads up in the air right now that it also feels like I'm nowhere near finished.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

You're pretty close. You've got a free day, a few missions all of the plot, and the final dungeon

cool. it's crazy how much the game clock sneaked up on me. It definitely hasn't felt like 80 hours.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Now that I've finished the game, here are some random thoughts I have about it, in no particular order.

-Shirley said she works under the Third Anguis, right? So I guess they got a replacement for Weissman then? Is this something I should know from the Crossbell games or is this new?

-lol that Vita got voted out of Ouroboros like she was on Survivor or something

-What the hell was Ouroboros's plan and how did Osborne actually steal it? Like, it's clear in CSII that Vita was not happy with the Vermillion Apocalypse getting woken up, so I guess that was where things started going awry for their plan, but hell if I know how that actually negatively impacted their plan. Nothing in this game adequately explained that either. I guess annexing Crossbell and North Ambria are part of how Osborne is "taking over" their plan? Or something? I hope we get more context in CSIV because I'm starting to worry that there is no explanation and everyone's just talking out of their asses.

-It's kind of ridiculous how many times someone says "yeah sure ask away I'll explain everything" and then leaves without explaining anything.

-Based on the Black Records, the last remaining mech must be the gold knight. Not a complaint, but it's really weird that there are seven knights and only five of them conform to the seven elements color scheme.

-there is approximately a 0% chance Olivier is actually dead

-no Mueller made me very sad