Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
All I really want to know before I play is if the hidden quests are still around and if so roughly how many per chapter, also if any of them are relatively esoteric or require going way off the beaten path to find.

Otherwise I'm really excited, Ive heard nothing but good things about ToCS3 and that its pretty much an across the board improvement of the first two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
That one is simple, McBurn only uses his S-craft once after his little super charge on his first turn and then after that switches back to standard attacks, so you can just bank a charge of Emma's S-craft and reflect it, easy peasy. The game even telegraphs this heavily by having Emma give the whole suppressing his flame lines, it's not just a narrative contrivance.

Mind you he's still kind of a bastard because his arts hit like a truck and you can't cleanse any burn status he inflicts, but overall it's pretty easy to get the extra AP.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
The regulus master quartz is pretty good on Ash because you can just park him on top of bosses with rumbling smash and then keep his self-buff up and you'll have a near infinite well of CP and constant max strength buffs to throw out his S-craft with. Chevalier is a great sub quartz for this method as well, though it sucks that you don't get to use it with Ash because of the party breakup at the end of chapter 4, so you gotta wait for a NG+ run

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
The tea ceremony quest was the only time I looked up anything in guide because gently caress you game, how am I supposed to know how that poo poo works offhand? I can imagine that was a common one to lose AP on if you didn't look it up.