Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ohtsam posted:

Game is preloading now. Super excited now that we know the localization is good but now I wish I could take time off on Tuesday.

Do we know the localization is good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yo, is Towa still cool? Cause I think Towa is still cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aurelia is great and in a better world we would be friends and she'd teach me how to play piano

:)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was literally just about to ask how great Sara was in this game.

Thank you thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ethiser posted:

Why is the game so cagey about anybody saying Lloyd's name? Everybody refers to him as Him and every now and then they'll just say his last name.

What the hell, are you trying to summon the goddang police here? The L-named man is like the Bye Bye Man of the trails universe. Don't think it, don't say it, or he'll already be there.:stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How often should I be worried about buying new armor? Money is kinda tight without me just grinding up sepith early on in the game; should it be a every other town kinda situation?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Laura's intro picks up where 2 left off:

Laura makes impacts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Towa is good, it's true

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A frustration I have with this game, and in fairness it may be improved on with the 4th, is the animation in cutscenes. Characters jumping and moving quickly just does not look good in this game. I gave it a pass on the Vita, but it's clunky looking as hell to see it on a main console game.

I'm not asking for the combat of Ys to appear in cutscenes or anything (though holy poo poo if it ever did), but most combat cutscenes leave me pretty disppointed with how smooth and quick they aren't.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna romance valimar

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The world is changing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, even if xseed had gotten the game, the people that made the earlier games good are gone.

Abandon all hope, it's NISA's now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Really, I wouldn't call the localization garbage, its just that it clearly needed another editing pass to unify everything and snip out repetitive stuff. The underlying translation of the main stuff is mostly fine.

It's not garbage, but a lot of the problems people expected with NISA still popped up here.

Mofos need to rework their process, as editing clearly ain't their strong suit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I play this game, it's getting ridiculous how 100% of the cast has a nickname. It was already a bit much, but the showdown on top of that tower in chapter 2 was awful. Hello, I'm Shinjobi the Kneejerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aurelia is fun. More Aurelia please. Just started chapter 3, I believe. She gives 0 fucks.