Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So glad to finally be able to play this. And it seems like NISA didn't do their usual botch job and came out with a proper release this time, which is doubly nice.

Can't wait to continue Rean's Rampage of Headpats :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Trails of Cold Steel III - oh boy it's time for a rean speech

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

What I find interesting is that I'm finding myself barely using S-crafts on bosses anymore except as finishers/turn bonus stealers because it's much, much more valuable to apply as much break damage as possible and to build up BP to issue and maintain Orders. Orders are basically the new S-crafts in terms of maintaining pressure.

I don't have a problem with boss rages because they're predictable to an extent and you have more than enough tools to deal with them, arguably too many depending on your current party.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Do Arts ever become good? I remember nuking enemies in 2 with Emma, but with them not lowering the break gauge they don't seem worth it.

They start out pretty poor but Divine Song combined with certain quartz/master quartz combos lets you do... things.

Let's just say against (Chapter 2 spoilers) Powered-up McBurn about 80% of the damage I inflicted was solely by Alisa spamming Arts.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 28, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I think Juna fits well enough in her "intended" role of being able to break anything and everything, especially in conjunction with Rean who just murders no matter what the situation.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Death Priest posted:

Wait until you get to try Arcane Gale. That should be an S-craft.

Considering the upfront CP cost it kinda sorta is. :stare:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Aurelia owns, she just does not care in the best way possible :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

Some dialogue choices in this game are driving me nuts.

Haha, how can you complain about annoying dialogue choices heehee without mentioning the most glaring and annoying dialogue choice of all time hohoho.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Welp I just finished the game.

Cedric needs to be murdered slowly and agonizingly. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'd love to live in a world where everyone got some badass nickname as a matter of course.

Just call me The Man Of Many Js :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

leather fedora posted:

It does with a handful of balance changes

Nerfing Ranger (and backrow attacking in general) I hope.