Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm looking forward to playing this, I only got into the series with the Cold Steel PS4 releases earlier this year so I've not had long to wait for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I just got the VM deck and now the shopkeeper wants to duel, is that something I need to do now or can I do it on a later day?

I'm unsure about VM, I always liked how quick and simple Blade was.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
What is Altina good at? I just assumed that she'd be like Millium was in the previous games but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Does Cold Steel III have lost arts?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Characters should not have two nicknames, pick one of the almighty conflagration or the blazing demon and stick with it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
How good are Ash and Musse? I just got them but I find myself sticking to the characters I already have.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I already took their master quartz off them to give to others which might be why they're not making the best impression.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I do like how apologetic Rean always seems when yet another love interest shows up and all the new Class VII members side eye him.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I like how whenever you bump into one of the CS2 villains they're almost always polite enough to say hi to Altina.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think my favourite scene in the game is in chapter 4 when Rean just screams in Osborne's face "WHAT EVEN IS THE PHANTASMAL BLAZE PLAN?".

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I beat the game and ended up missing just one profile page.

drat you Professor Schmidt 1 :argh:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I feel bad that someone probably spent a long time making flashy s-crafts for all the bosses and then the combat system encourages you to never see any of them because they will likely wipe your party.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Oh there are ways around it, I liked the Sophia quartz and the accessory which gives +9999 HP but I tended to focus on killing enemy bosses before they could fire them off.

Although I did lose to Aurelia in the fight against her and Victor when my attack left the boss with what must have been double digit HP and I took an s-craft unprepared.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

IceBorg posted:

I had more trouble with some of the big enemies in the final dungeon because I fought then like regular foes and some of then get stupid hard when they are low on health.

I had the exact same problem and spent far too long chipping away at those spiders which had way too much HP.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Something that I'm glad they didn't bring back from 2 was needing to get a boss to a certain health percentage within a set number of turns in order to get bonus ap. Maybe that would have been easier in this game using orders but I remember getting so frustrated having to fight Xeno and Leo a bunch of times in order to make that happen.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I noticed the occasional typo and some repetition (Sharon saying embrace a lot really sticks out for me) but there was nothing so bad that it stopped me enjoying the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
While I also liked Vantage Masters it did feel a little long sometimes, especially when the enemy master had huge HP. The reason why I liked Blade from previous games was how quickly the games went.

Does anyone know if Vantage Masters comes back in 4?