Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i can not wait for this video game, which will completely ruin my strict daily routine for the 2 months it will take me to finish it, to come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i know the game just came out this week in the states but is there already any of those guides that tell you where all the hidden sidequests are like there have been for every other cs game.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
speaking of aurelia, after an hour of this i have to throw my hands up and ask for help

chapter 2 sidequest: i can't seem to get her hp down to 70% before her s crafft completely clocks my poo poo in. i've tried what feels like every combo of stacking STR bonuses on top of STR bonuses and waiting at the last possible moment to use 200 cp S craft. i always just BARELY miss it. do i just need to grind? is it even possible to grind exp on a free day? please help i am apparenly bad at this game.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Clarste posted:

I don't know exactly what you've been doing, but she gets a huge defense boost for activating her super mode, so you want to use your S-Craft before that, rather than at the last possible second. It's based on her HP so just watch the numbers.

didnt realize her def went up from super mode, adjusting for that did the trick. thanks!

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I'm playing this game slow as molasses so I only just beat chapter 2. Some thoughts:

- machias S craft is hilarious and he's moved up several tiers with "you failed your inspection" (pretty sure it was different in CS2. who knows, i never used him)
- as someone who did not play the crossbell games this feels like the chapter where that has the most impact, since the majority of the NPCs and moments are clearly "remember THIS person/thing?" i could also say the same about chapter 1 and its relationship to the Sky games (although nowhere near as heavy). interested to see how things go from here now that the game is probably moving away from familiar territory.
- Olivier! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Beat the game, clearly I played this slow as hell because I have 110 hours clocked in (maybe 5 of those hours can be attributed to random house chores while keeping music on in the background).

spoiler thoughts

- agree that i don't but anyone on the courageous is dead. I can't even say "show me the body" because they SHOWED THE BODY with Crow and it still didn't matter.
- Speaking of Crow, my read of him not letting Rean going after Osborne was more out of concern in stopping Rean from going absolutely apeshit.
- agree with others that Juna and Altina are the highlights. Juna definitely gives big Estelle energy and it would be a crime to not have them meet up in CS4.
- In general, I felt the majority of the Thors branch campus students were a significant improvement from Main Campus students in CS1/2. Everyone had a distinct enough personality and style that I could probably name them all right now, compared to some of the more whitebread "I'm a fancy noble / I'm a normal commoner." that made up a lot of main campus types that I remember.

- While I enjoyed the game for what it was, and didn't mind the "we're not going to tell you anything until CS4" framing, my biggest disappointment was in Ouroboros' treatment. I'm a total sucker for villain orgs that act like a friend group/family (like the Spiders in HunterXHunter) but they felt more like clueless lackeys than a global threat this time around. There was an interesting thing going when we were all told that Ouroboros may have different ambitions than the gnomes/government, only to sweep that all up in the final chapter "because the grandmaster wants it now i guess!" That being said, this also felt like a result of CS3 requiring a final dungeon with final boss battles, and in CS4 we'll see a lot more fragmentation of the group and hopefully some growth there.

Finally, speaking as someone who did not play the crosbell games at all, I don't feel like I was ever particularly lost about the crossbell related stuff. I felt like that was a bit of a narrative I saw floating around before CS3 was released. There were NPCs that seemed like, were you to play crossbell, would have been cool callbacks, but it didn't seem like anything big. If anything, this whole game is a good ad for those two games since I just want to see more Randy and Tio hanging out with the rest of the SSS. Really I just want to hang out with randy.

Metroixer fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 21, 2019