Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Consider this sentence

Hidden quests are fine, as long as you talk to every chest twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I do enjoy how Laura is still queen death of murder mountain. You don't have infinite cp in this game anymore though, so it's not quite as absurd.

Honestly, it feels like they actually tried to balance this game, which is a nice departure from the last two.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Stelas posted:

I'm tempted to boot Kurt out of the party and give his entire gimmick to someone else. Insane counters are all well and good but not when enemies start getting bigger with a better reach than you.

Wait, is that why he never seems to counter anymore? It makes sense, but I was assuming it was something like counters having a low chance to trigger in this game.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Ash's craft targeting is kinda tricky since you need quite a bit of open space to land.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Crow taught him that the true power of friendship is scamming your friends.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
It's Freddie. Do you really want to know?

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
The only optional fight I gave up on was was McFireBro in chapter 2. Once I realized that he just straight up kills you in a couple rounds and you don't actually do much damage to him, it wasn't worth going any further.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

It's actually shockingly easier then that. Almost all of McBurn's moves count as magic attacks and Emma has a forced set Crescent Mirror, so you can reflect almost everything he does back at him. Once you realize his initial S-craft can be reflected and start spamming Crescent Mirror, he actually goes down easier then most bosses.

Good to know, something to keep in mind for new game + then.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Could be worse. Could be Rean and Elise.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Go all out on boosting his strength, give him the minotaurus main quartz once you get it and he can do a ridiculous amount of damage. He does kinda suck early on though since his first couple crafts have such awkward positioning.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, I struggle to remember any plot significance Kurt had after about chapter 2. He's such a non-character in this game that I hope he gets a chance to shine in cs4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Time to wait for CS4?