Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Ohtsam posted:

This review that focuses primarily on the translation in general assuaged my fears. https://youtu.be/Gc1wtYSslms

This sounds pretty good, but I also feel the need to highlight this comment:

Perhaps not unsurprising and not the biggest deal, but still a bit of a bummer.

Terper posted:

(I'm gonna wait with playing until someone has uploaded a clear data savefile so I can access all the Bonding Events)

Can you do that on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Can someone tell me how much Elliot's Brave Order actually reduces damage by? The game is giving me conflicting information, the description says 30% damage reduction but the Order blurb while it's active tells me 0.3x (ie, 70%), which is a pretty significant difference and might actually make this worth using! It feels like it's the latter from experimentation.

Also I'm having a pretty terrible time with this Grime Drome miniboss here...

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 2, 2019

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

So I'm near the end of Chapter 4 and I have to rant a bit about the localization here.

So honestly, for the most part, I've been totally fine with the localization. Yeah there's the occasional weird phrasing and it's pretty obvious they had no context at all for when NPC conversations started and ended so they had to guess and messed up at times, but really, I was expecting so much worse from NISA. All the voiced stuff in particular is very good and pretty close to XSeed's CS1/2 work.

But I'm not even halfway through the first day of the Summer Festival and sheesh, what happened here? I feel like I've run into more issues here already than I saw in the entire rest of the chapter. This feels like it hasn't even gotten a single editing pass at times. I hope this is just a byproduct of the complexity and sheer volume of this event and doesn't hold true for the rest of the game...

As a sidenote, I don't understand how this was localized in 2019 and has 'where does this conversation start/end' issues. I feel like I can't even blame NISA here. Why is it not an industry standard yet to provide detailed notes along with the script, considering those notes *have to exist already* for the programmers to implement? Truly baffling.