Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I've preordered my copy. Playing it is going to take longer, since I don't have a PS4 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough

I've been using this to make sure I don't miss anything so far but I'm still in chapter 1 and am ultimately hoping it's not missing anything.

Unrelated, am I going to miss anything of note by ignoring the card game or am I good to not give it my time?

I think there's a Master Quartz tied to it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Cassius got killed offscreen

I know it’s almost Halloween, but please don’t try to give people a Cassius Fright.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Slightly more important spoiler: that's actually Rudolf ARUNDEL, aka Lechter's father. Not sure if it's mispelled because reasons, or if it's a NISA fuckup though.

My money's that being the work of Falcom themselves, they of the "Train Militaly Police"

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Bland posted:

Playing CSIII & IV in Japanese made me realise how much I took XSEED for granted. The scripts are so bad.

In my experience, Japanese is a very dry language. When I listen to something with Japanese audio, while I can't understand it without subs, there are certain phrases and patterns which are extremely common and predictable.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Wait, "Jaeger" is flat out the German word for hunter. Have they used the term Jaeger at all in this game, or have they just used "hunter?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

III is far less balanced, but in your favor due to a new mechanic. After the first chapter, 95% of fights become a cakewalk. Until then, only the final fight of Chapter 1 is a challenge, but it's the good kind. Juuuuuuuust enough to make you feel good about winning instead of "loving FINALLY"

Breaking is more interesting than Delay, imo. At the very least, it looks cooler.