Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I played both Cold Steel games in NG+ because PC so I had no issue with that and had acess to all events and didn't had to choose because doing that is hard.

Gonna be a bother actually having to choose on who hang out now, oh no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Old Class VII first mission: Catch some thieves with small ties to a terrorist organization

New Class VII first mission: Battle some of the strongest people related to Ouroboros and a super giant robot

Someone should sue the new school.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Going back to Crossbell after playing the games in order is the best, I'm remembering so many npcs. This is the best part of these games. :allears:

On the other hand the first big boss of the area can suck my dick.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I just finished chapter 3 and.....

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna romance valimar
Poor Mint.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Lord Koth posted:

Very minor spoilers for Ch. 4: So, the graveyard. If you didn't check them out, all the graves are, in fact, readable for the name and birth/death. Most are just copy pastes repeated throughout, but there are three unique ones (aside from Crow's) hidden around. Specifically Julian Braun (the dead fiancee of the Leeves baker; lower section), Elsa Regnitz (Machias' cousin, mentioned in the first game; also lower section)... and Rudolf Arandor (upper section) - which MIGHT be a mistranslation, because...

Slightly more important spoiler: that's actually Rudolf ARUNDEL, aka Lechter's father. Not sure if it's mispelled because reasons, or if it's a NISA fuckup though.

That's really interesting but I still don't know if Lechter is evil or not

Still in chapter 4 though but I'm gonna guess it all depends on who killed his dad.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Bland posted:

It's not a problem that's inherent to the language. I've played other games in Japanese, the Ace Attorney games for example have very enjoyable JP scripts. The Cold Steel games just have very stiff scripts that constantly repeat themselves, and for games that are dozens of hours long that becomes very grating very fast.

Kuku that's my line.

Well actually I don't agree but I don't think I can convince you so I will have to use THAT.

Stand back everyone!

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Starsnostars posted:

I feel bad that someone probably spent a long time making flashy s-crafts for all the bosses and then the combat system encourages you to never see any of them because they will likely wipe your party.

I literally didn't see any s-crafts in the final chapter. doing juna's order and rean's arcane gale to break and then using kurt's to get many turns breaks the game all the way.

I had more trouble with some of the big enemies in the final dungeon because I fought then like regular foes and some of then get stupid hard when they are low on health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Welp I just finished the game.

Cedric needs to be murdered slowly and agonizingly. :argh: :argh: :argh:

After this game I realized that besides Weissman and some others, Ouroboros people are mostly kinda cool when compared to all the villains this game had

Even by the end Duvalie has had enough of this poo poo