Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

I played through CS3 in Japanese for the Platinum so for the English release I'm going to try and get the Platinum in one Nightmare playthrough. I've already learned some new things that I was ignorant of in the Japanese version like being able to exchange for for high tier accessories at the cost of U material. Having Silver Charms and Evergreens early on has been a god send.

Here is the easiest way to break the games combat system.

Use Juna's order to Break all enemies and then use Kurt's order to keep everyone at the top of the turn order. Just keep getting BP from hitting broken enemies and keep refreshing Kurt's order so the enemies never get turns. It works even better if your main AOE attackers have Juna's starting master quartz equipped or at least in their sub slot.

Also never stay at 5 BP if you know you'll get another Brave Point with your next attack. Just use Rean's 1 BP attack up order so everyone gets a free 10 CP as well as a general attack up.

You can also make a evasion tank using Sirius (Kurt's starting master quartz) in combination with evade quartz and accessories like Evergreen. I think some characters like Fie have a innate evade chance as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

edit: On a different matter, one that came up in the main RPG thread, I don't generally mind unwinnable boss fights, but the mech one against Aurelia has issues - issues that made it VERY annoying. Namely she seems to have to actually connect with Dynast Sunder to do her teamwipe... and she kept targeting the mech I had Altina attached to. You might see the issue. Make your drat unwinnable boss at least use an unblockable, uninterruptible attack, game.

You can win the Mech fight against Aurelia, I think it even awards you AP for doing it. I know for my current Nightmare playthrough I plan on grinding out U Material so I can have a bunch of the healing and BP boosting Divine Knight items. I'm pretty sure you can have tier 3 if not tier 4 ex orbs for the fight as well. It might be the hardest fight in the game to win on Nightmare though.

edit:
Unless you're talking about the fight with new class VII, in that case yeah I think it's unwinable until you're playing as Rean and Randy.