Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh man, Cold Steel 3 was a blast, and even though I only played it in japanese with a english script for the main story, it's still a really freaking good game.

Prepare to Sledgehammer your way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

Should I prepare for my party to have to be bailed out all the time once again or will they be allowed to finish fights this time around.

They handle it better.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

My copy is finally in my hands. :D

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough

I've been using this to make sure I don't miss anything so far but I'm still in chapter 1 and am ultimately hoping it's not missing anything.

Unrelated, am I going to miss anything of note by ignoring the card game or am I good to not give it my time?

There's a certain event that gets you more AP by using your own deck and winning for it rather than a premade one.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

You should constantly be using brave orders. Insane defense buffs, break damage increases, critical up, the effects are absurdly powerful.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Whoever Cedric's VA is did a drat good job.

I loving hate Cedric.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Veryslightlymad posted:

I keep buying all the hair changing items, and will continue to do so, and then never, ever equip them. Also, they change the eye color too, which I feel is much more important.

OK, I have a question and need my heart broken. Don't click unless you've beaten Chapter 1

Agate mentions when you're going up to Hamel that before, a couple friends came up and wound up getting killed for their trouble, but he didn't elaborate on this in any sequence I saw.

.....is he talking about Kurt (The OG Kurt), Carna and Grant? ............Or Rocco, Rais, and Deen? Someone else? Do we even know?

He didn't mention anyone getting killed? He was talking about Estelle and Joshua, but they're very much alive and well.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Starsnostars posted:

Characters should not have two nicknames, pick one of the almighty conflagration or the blazing demon and stick with it.

That's why he's known as Mcfirebro now.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

IceBorg posted:

Going back to Crossbell after playing the games in order is the best, I'm remembering so many npcs. This is the best part of these games. :allears:

On the other hand the first big boss of the area can suck my dick.

what, you don't like fighting a boss that can constantly heal and buff itself over and over again?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

My roommate just asked if I ever found out who the mysterious hunter from Chapter 1 was. I remember the event but not what he looked like. Anyone know who he was?

EDIT: I really wanna say it was Rutger because it was Chapter 1, but I'm not entirely certain

It was Rutger yes.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Starsnostars posted:

I feel bad that someone probably spent a long time making flashy s-crafts for all the bosses and then the combat system encourages you to never see any of them because they will likely wipe your party.

It's why I always put the Sophia/Angel Master quartz on somebody in my main party, so I have an excuse to show off enemy S-Craft while I'm streaming. Or Altina's Order. Or cast Adamantine Shield, there are at least ways to prevent an SCraft from caving your poo poo in in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Well Well Well, if it isn't Machias Regnitz, the Justice Uke.

"Excuse you, I'm the Justice Seme!"