Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The weirdest thing I've noticed so far is that what must be the "how many ?" prompt for cooking is in French for me. I don't know if it's because I have another save file that's in French (not the one I'm using right now) or because I set the game to French and then back to English but it's rather odd.

I have noticed a couple of typos here and there too but I'm not docking NISA points for that right now. Maybe they'll correct those later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Am I the only one having issues seeing the itty bitty numbers on the lower right of the battle screen?

I hate the battle UI too. So does my brother. Thankfully the rest of the game has me grinning like an idiot.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The real star of the show has been +Break damage % stuff for me. When bosses spend all their time stunned they can't use their infuriating rear end in a top hat self heal + buffs shouts.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Erosion of madness is my favorite boss music so far. Such a great piece ! (Don't google or youtube that if you don't want to be spoiled). I've always loved Falcom's music but it just keeps getting better. (And yes, I know another pretty good boss song is coming my way soon.)

I took 2 weeks off to play this game but it's beginning to look like I may not be able to finish it before they're over.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 26, 2019

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Is it even possible to have 7 superb dishes by the time you hit Crossbell for that quest?

Absolutely, I was able to turn that in immediately. Go around and try all the recommended dishes to bring your amount of recipes up.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I do love that Rean acknowledges early on that Gale is absolutely ridiculous, and the developers kinda leaned into it by making it even more absurd. 80 CP gets refilled awfully quick

Wait until you get to try Arcane Gale. That should be an S-craft.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

On another note, Aurelia might be the worst written character in the series. She feels like a bad fanfic insert was given plot prominence and I hate her.

I don't know how far you are into the game, but it just keeps getting worse.. It's so bad I keep thinking the Phantasma is leaking into reality.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The only way I could argue my case against Aurelia would be inside a huge spoiler block so I think I won't say anything for now. She's tolerable until a certain point and I don't think many people have reached that point yet.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I've been meaning to ask for a while but is this game dropping frames like crazy for everyone ? Trying to figure out if my ps4 (not pro) is about to kick the bucket.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

She deserved an award for her delivery when Victor Sharon and Claire show up in CS2

And the Victor line was pretty good too. Her cooking line for exceptional dishes in 3 is fantastic as well.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Finally finished !

Now for some initial thoughts.

Dangerous spoiler block ahead:

Wow, that certainly is a cliffhanger alright. "Let me staaaayyyy" was pretty tame in comparison.

For one thing, I don't believe for a minute that Olivert, Victor and Toval died. I'm going to be very sad if I'm wrong. I thought it was interesting that even Osborne seemed to feel bad about it.

Losing Millium like that was heartbreaking. I think watching Airgetlam shatter hurt me just as bad as noticing the red gash on Millium's body.

gently caress Aurelia. No, seriously, gently caress Aurelia. She added nothing of value to the game, is a goddamn god-mode sue and she stole what should have been Laura's spot in chapter 3.
gently caress Musse as well for being so annoying.
gently caress you Osborne but also thank you Osborne for being the guy I love to hate. You delivered.
gently caress you George, I want to rip you to shreds. Towa's probably right about Angie though.
gently caress you Rufus. I can't believe Rean didn't kill you when he had the chance.
gently caress you Cedric. I never liked you to begin with but you've managed to exceed my expectations in the worst way possible.
Actually, gently caress the rest of the Ironbloods. We really like daddy Osborne so we're going to help him destroy the world even if we know it's a very, very bad idea, sorry guys ! Hope you can understand !
gently caress you Crow, I used to like you. You had better redeem yourself in 4.
I'm going to stop there because the gently caress You list would be pretty long.

You're looking pretty goddamn dumb now Stahlritter girls but I don't hate you. At least now you have potential for growth.

I was also surprised at how underwhelming McBurn and especially Arianrhod were in this game. They were little more than glorified jobbers putting Aurelia and Wallace over. On the other hand, I really liked that Laura and Gaius were able to hold them off.
Speaking of Gaius, it's nice that he's finally got something going for him ! Too bad he showed up to that first Arianrhod boss fight without a S-Craft...

Rean has one seriously scary murder-face when he loses it. That final battle brought some heavy feelings too. It made me feel like the very last boss of Persona 3. You can only do that one thing you as the player really don't want to because you know the consequences.

And to end with something positive, I think most of the new class VII is great. Rean may be the leader but Juna and Altina could arguably be called main characters too.

I may come back to it once I've digested all that. I'm very, very satisfied with CS3 and waiting for 4 will be pure torture.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 3, 2019

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I want to know why Freddy looks so stylistically different.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

How often should I be worried about buying new armor? Money is kinda tight without me just grinding up sepith early on in the game; should it be a every other town kinda situation?

Money stops being an issue around the end of chapter 2 but before that, I'd say you should buy the best weapons first and add armor as money allows. You can also sell some healing items (you're not going to need that many curia balms) if you really want to buy something now. You can upgrade weapons in the base camp as soon as you begin a field trip and the basic armor should be available there as well. If you can wait until you reach the large city in each chapter, you can buy fancier armor there. You should be set for the entire chapter after that, except if you find something better in a chest.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 2, 2019

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
He calls Schmidt names for one thing.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Take a drink everytime someone is described as pretty or beautiful.
Or don't.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

Now that I've finished the game, here are some random thoughts I have about it, in no particular order.

-Shirley said she works under the Third Anguis, right? So I guess they got a replacement for Weissman then? Is this something I should know from the Crossbell games or is this new?

Yes, this is shown in the Crossbell Games. She did mention the name of that Anguis in CS3 though.

U-DO Burger posted:

-lol that Vita got voted out of Ouroboros like she was on Survivor or something
They only voted against her suggestion to maybe not bring about the end of the world. She left of her own volition.

U-DO Burger posted:

-What the hell was Ouroboros's plan and how did Osborne actually steal it? Like, it's clear in CSII that Vita was not happy with the Vermillion Apocalypse getting woken up, so I guess that was where things started going awry for their plan, but hell if I know how that actually negatively impacted their plan. Nothing in this game adequately explained that either. I guess annexing Crossbell and North Ambria are part of how Osborne is "taking over" their plan? Or something? I hope we get more context in CSIV because I'm starting to worry that there is no explanation and everyone's just talking out of their asses.

I'm glad we had a chance to ta-

U-DO Burger posted:

-It's kind of ridiculous how many times someone says "yeah sure ask away I'll explain everything" and then leaves without explaining anything.

Oh, so you noticed.

U-DO Burger posted:

-there is approximately a 0% chance Olivier is actually dead
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Only Victor was done with his arc so he's the only one who might actually be dead. I'd give it maybe a 50/50 chance.

And here's a thought of my own:

Rean: Crow shot you in the heart. Why did you not die ?
Osborne: You see, I ripped my heart out of my chest years ago to give it to you.
Rean: THAT ONLY RAISES MORE QUESTIONS !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Did she leave? She says she's still loyal to the Grandmaster. And Blueblanc doesn't appear because he's on Vita's side apparently. I feel they're really setting up an Ouroboros civil war either for CS4 or the next arc.

Left temporarily I should have said. She is still loyal to the GM but she's definitely not helping with the Phantasmal Blaze plan.