Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've just finished Cold Steel 2 (not NG+, just regular) and I have a question - why'd they all leave? They've still got a year left. I feel like I just missed it and they never explained it again after whenever they first said it.

Also I've loved 1/2 but christ the Epilogue and the....bit with the characters from Crossbell was a bit much.

I'm also going to say I felt Gaius was a bit wasted. After you get him in Chapter 1 he barely does anything later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

The general idea is that they each feel they're going to be more use in their relevant areas as far as researching what the gently caress is going on in the country. But it's also an excuse for a graduation.

Clarste posted:

I feel like they left just to give the game a sense of finality, of graduating and saying goodbye to all your friends.

I GUESS I got that? I dunno, it felt really weird.
I suppose timeskipping a year would have made people wonder what happened and what field trips and etc went on - although it's not THAT different from the bizarre trip to Ymir they took in the epilogue of the first game.

The way they talk about being a third faction is pretty funny too. I'm not sure why the game doesn't just admit you're part of the Imperial Army.

Taear fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 27, 2019

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

lagidnam posted:

I think I remember them taking extra lessons so they can graduate after only one year. Rean is left out as he is running around the continent invading city states and stuff.

In other news: Durante has a AMA on Reddit on the day of NISAs pax panel. So maybe we need "The best PC port of a JRPG of all time." Vol. 2, in the near future.

They do but like....in two months
It seems insane